iMac (1 Viewer)

If and when you upgrade I'll personally GIVE you a copy of duality with the os9 skin... howzat

Hi there

I just got an imac g3 from a local university on the cheap as they were upgrading systems. I have no knowledge of macs at all but had heard they were great machines. Problem is they had wiped the drive and given me a restore cd but when I put in the restore cd in and get to the apple software restore bit it tells me it cant do any of the forms of restore as the configuration does not work with the computer???? also I cant seem to get the cd back out HELPPPPPPP! I have absolutely no idea what to do to get an os on this machine. The uni wont reimburse me as they say there is nothing wrong with it i just have to install the os. HOW do i get this restore disk to work?????

thanks guys
cya chris

hhhhmm sounds like they gave you the wrong restore disc. Maybe one from their newer models and it's looking for a G5 prossessor or something.

There should be a little hole beside the CD drive. You have to straighten out a paperclip and stick it in the hole. The CD drive should pop open. I know it sounds mad but it's probably the only trick left over from the original macintosh with floppy drives (remember them?).

silo said:
yes, but osX is the mankiest looking cheapo shite in the known universe and i'm sticking with good old os 9.2 til i have a very good reason to change.

i think OSX is apples bestest invention yet, and I even remember os 6 cus im an ancient old bastard

OSX tis very good for web development

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back