Identity theft/fraud (1 Viewer)

nonemoreblack

Website
www.youtube.com
This is an odd one. Not really the classic identity theft but read on and see if what you think.

At work today I got a phone call from a woman asking for me, not by my known name but a little used alias. ie not the name most people know me by. After some confusion it turns out I had met her in a professional manner two years ago. The day after we originally met I got an email from her saying she enjoyed meeting me, blah blah blah, and that was it.

This morning I found out that someone has been corresponding with her through a fake gmail posing as me. This has been going on for TWO years! She only phoned my work because an email bounced back from the fraudulent account and she said she was getting worried because she hadn't heard from me in 5 days! I am guessing she has formed some sort of internet relationship with this guy.

Besides being totally freaked out by this, it also makes me worry about this guy's motives and whether he is doing to either harm me or (more worryingly) try to lure her into some kind of sordid situation.

I have already determined that google (he has a gmail acount) are powerless or prehaps unwilling to do anything about this guy. I also suspect the Gards will be their usual useless selves.

Any ideas?
It's most likely that this person is either someone I have worked with or someone that she works with.

unrelated, but a few years back i got sent a password reset for someone elses account, so being a decent person i immediateley logged into it, and found out they were a prostitute selling wares via gmail.

Did you warn the woman that it wasn't you she was corresponding with?

I just hope that she hasn't lent the fake money or something.

Yeah if you invent an alias you're asking for trouble. If there's a chance that this person can cause you any trouble you might need to change some passwords and kill your alias forever. Sounds like a Ray Liotta charachter, bet he's at home stripped to the waist bathed in odd blue light with beads of sweat running down his face right now. Best avoid all contact with him.

Hi,

Nothing more to report. I think the guy pretending to be me has slunk into the shaddows for good.

By the way the 'little used alias' is just an abreviation of my real name that I never use. So, it's not really made up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back