Ian William Craig (Fatcat/Recital) + Rachael Lavelle @ The Sound House (1 Viewer)

Ian William Craig (Fatcat/Recital) + Rachael Lavelle @ The Sound House
Posted by Vinnie
The Sound House
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 08:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 10:45 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Vinnie

Supporter
Since 2000
Website
www.thejimmycake.org
Enthusiastic Eunuch Presents

Ian William Craig (Fatcat/Recital)
with special guest
Rachael Lavelle
Wednesday 29th April
The Sound House
Doors 8pm
Tickets €14 via Billetto.ie

Ian William Craig moves you over shifting tectonic plates of operatic improvisations, fields of tape hiss, haunting pastoral melodies and billowing clouds of becoming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-opVjpf_I

Drawing out analogies between his dual practices of music and print-making, Ian’s work is deeply informed by a narrative of impermanence, “notions of life as an act of becoming, and beauty within degradation and deterioration – these have been kernels that I’ve been really drawn to … When I listen back to my compositions and I look at the art I create, there’s some kind of aesthetic drive or core that I seem to constantly orbit…these becoming forms and notions of decay and circling.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN6BK6yAMIY

Craig turned to his background in musical theatre, avant-classical orchestration and the choral tradition for his first two physical recordings, A Turn of Breath and Cradle for the Wanting, which were issued by Recital Program to critical acclaim. Centres, his latest album released on Fat Cat Records ‘130701’ imprint in the summer of 2016, was his breakthrough record as the static rises to the surface. It featured prominently in the end of year best of’s for Wire, The Quietus and Pitchfork amongst others.

'Centres is a swirling and alchemical blend of drone, keyboards, and manipulated vocals. The more time you spend with it, the further you will want to get lost in it. One of the most beautiful, most strange, and most unique things you hear all year' PITCHFORK

'To be both wildly experimental and fantastically listenable is a skill that precious few people possess, but Craig has it, as the young people might say, up the ying-yang' THE GUARDIAN

Rachael Lavelle

Hypnotic in her performance, Rachael Lavelle blends elegant piano with innovative electronic sound design, strange and somewhat humorous lyrics with her arresting voice. Following the release of her debut EP Superman in 2015, she has supported or performed with Saint Sister, Jacob Collier, Jack Lukeman, Moxie, Booka Brass Band, Téada Orchestra and Glasshouse Ensemble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaNkowZBipo

In 2016 she received an M.Phil in Music and Media Technologies from Trinity College Dublin where she studied composition with Dr. Linda Buckley. As a composer, Rachael has had works performed by RTÉ ConTempo Quartet, Téada Orchestra, Glasshouse Ensemble and Tonnta Vocal Ensemble. She is an active member of the Irish Composers’ Collective, Dulciana Choir for Upper Voices and Glasshouse Ensemble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back