I thought the record industry was on its knees? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 2
i thought from the outset you had it backwards to be honest transformation. so far as i can tell, you go on the telly first, then release music, if its charts your after.

RE: anyone contemplating charts. you need to actually listen to the music in the charts for a while. nobody on here actually writes pop music so far as i can tell. everything is niche. its thumped FFS.

RE: indie people charting in ireland. the last one i can remember was cathy daveys last album. i'm sure there have been more but she had A: a major label legacy B: a bulletproof pop single C: i'm assuming, great managment.

RE: pat mc manus/anthony - that indeed, is the dream.

Yeah...getting on the telly seems to be the big one alright.You do that yer in clover.

Y'know,I agree that most if not all of the stuff in that chart is dross.Even if I do like some of it,I understand that its bubblegum and bubblegum is bad for yer teeth.Its like amateur football.That shit is all about syphoning the talent away from the small clubs up to the top,with various geezers creaming a few bob along the way.Maybe I'm an idealist,although I know for certain I am powerless to alter the status quo..but I'm just wondering should I bother releasing records at all?Just knock out mp3's as I feel like it as was my original intention.

Its a brave new world out there.But its just the same as the old one.

I just wrote a song about Grandad having a heart attack.13 year old girls would lap this up.

well of the top of my head

less than 3 mins long.
sounds like all the crap in the charts.
created without one iota of moral fibre.

HEYO!!!!!!!!!!!DEADLY!

Edit...I've already done this..see my song F.Y.R.

But I'll do it again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back