I miss.. (1 Viewer)

La La said:
i miss:

my youth
:(
hahhahahahaha
knew one day we would agree on something :p

I more then miss my youth, I want to be able to pogo for more then 1 punk song at a time, I want to go on a cider and junk food session without my belly popping
I want cheaper pub prices!!!

Wilbert said:
Become a teacher. Like me!
Aaaaaah, holidays!
:)

but what about all the vial children for the other 9 months of the year? *shudder* - no thanks! !ninjaaaa we made our substitute biology teacher cry in 3rd year (more the lads in the class really). she was only 21 with her whole life ahead of her.... :eek:

talkinglama said:
but what about all the vial children for the other 9 months of the year? *shudder* - no thanks! !ninjaaaa we made our substitute biology teacher cry in 3rd year (more the lads in the class really). she was only 21 with her whole life ahead of her.... :eek:

My class gave our German teacher a nervo. The shame. :eek:

deedee said:

so did we. she had a bit of an auld breakdown and was daignosed with M.E. or whatever

it is kind of shitty when you think about it. losing your shit over leaving and junior cert german

No big deal, it's all about balance. My sister met people in college who'd been taught German by my mother for their junior & leaving cert and were still scared of her, years after leaving.

chortle

deedee said:

There was no giving my German teacher a nervo. She was about six foot tall and spoke English in a weird Herr Flick type accent, despite the fact that she hadn't been to Germany for over 15 years (and even then, it was just a three-week holiday in Leipzig).

She was all about the DDR.

ICUH8N said:
No big deal, it's all about balance. My sister met people in college who'd been taught German by my mother for their junior & leaving cert and were still scared of her, years after leaving.

chortle

what was her name out of interest?

inanyways, despite six years of it in der schule, i only gained fluency by spending 4 months living in Berchtesgaden.
ah i know what you're thinking, Kehlsteinhaus, lots of conservative types speaking Bayern Deutsch.

und zwei Bundeswehrkaserne in der nahe. woop woop!

La La said:
what was her name out of interest?

inanyways, despite six years of it in der schule, i only gained fluency by spending 4 months living in Berchtesgaden.
ah i know what you're thinking, Kehlsteinhaus, lots of conservative types speaking Bayern Deutsch.

und zwei Bundeswehrkaserne in der nahe. woop woop!

Her nickname was Hitler. She taught in St. Fintans in Sutton.
Did you party it up with the squaddies? Bavarians are weird.

ICUH8N said:
Her nickname was Hitler. She taught in St. Fintans in Sutton.
Did you party it up with the squaddies? Bavarians are weird.

not the same lady.
i tell ya, ive been to many a fine German city but there's something about Schonau am Konigsee. it's only deadly. austria's only over the border, and the people were actually great craic. as were the bundeswehrmaenner, them and their tag der offenen tur.
the whole geloebnis thing is a bit weird though. still, a beer festival every week and what not...good tymz.

Yeah I really miss the countryside. I'm careful never to spend too much time visiting papa dearest in case I get sucked in, and decide to start a new life in forestry or something.

ICUH8N said:
Yeah I really miss the countryside. I'm careful never to spend too much time visiting papa dearest in case I get sucked in, and decide to start a new life in forestry or something.

it might be the only profession in which your MA in English comes in handy......?
anyway to conclude - German countryside = amazin.

I miss...

34814560.IMG_3188editedlo.jpg

...reading, smoking and being generally obnoxious in these very gardens.

"You're in my seat kissy couple", I would say
"Mais 'y a plus", they might reply
Then I'd poke them in the eye with the business end of my cigarette.

When in [strike]Rome[/strike] Paris...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back