i love brian....... (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
.....from el diablo. i've said it now. i will never forget again.

talking of drummers, who deserves to be recognised as a truly amazing drummer ?
i'd suggest Stewart Copeland from the police, Neil Peart from Rush and, even though it won't be a popular choice, Jimmy Chamberlain of Smashing Pumpkins fame...oh...and Ringo...the drumming on Tomorrow Never Knows was the basis for the Chemical Brother signature "beats" me reckons.

jimmy chamberlain, sean kinney (aic) and the dude from pantera (shit, i'm stuck in 1994).

dave lombardo is the king of drummers. and andy galleon. and jim walker. and jackie liebmmmmblewitz. and of course mr Jonny 'hospital' slurmody.

that will be all.

*jimmy chamberlain is better at killing people, frankly.

mugwump (22 Mar, 2002 02:11 p.m.):
oh...and Ringo...the drumming on Tomorrow Never Knows was the basis for the Chemical Brother signature "beats" me reckons.

aye, "Setting Sun" rips it off. The chemicals were gonna call that song "Tomorrow never Noels", as Noel Gallagher sings on it, which would have been a great musical pun. Apart from that and Come Together, though, I always thought his drumming was pretty average. When once asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, John Lennon replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in the beatles... too funny...

...and stevie wonder too...

as for ringo not even being the best drummer in the beatles... maccartney plays the drums on back in teh ussr and dear prudance on 'Un album du blanc'.

Stevie Wonder is a great drummer.
But he's no Dave Lombardo.
Alphonse Mouzon is a fancy drummer.
And he has a parrot called Mafia, apparently.

Dave Lombardo didn't make songs in the key of life though did he?.

Bill. Motherfucking. Bruford. (crimson)

Dale Grover. (melvins)

Danny Richmond. (Mingus)

The guy from Hylton Weir whose name I cant remember. He ruled.

John (not c'ham)

It's true, considering that every city only has 3 drummers, Dublin has a long history of brilliant drummers.
Joss
Lacey
Alan Murphy
Krabby
Lillis
Ross
hag (tut, I suppose)
oh, and that guy from brando

Although I think Mark's love of Brian has more to do with getting hammered with him last night than his drumming.

And you said you didn't "score" last night tbm!

yeah, i was going to throw the gob at brian at one point, but he said he had someone on ice down the back, or something to that effect. but next reasonable opportunity...

There was me about to mail you Mark, to apologise for whatever I said. Seems it worked after all!
I crashed and burned horribly with the lady, by the way - I don't think she appreciated being slurred at for ten minutes.
Me: "Sho I suppose I'll be going back to me pint, then? (burp)"
Her: (nods head vigorously) "yeah"
Classy.

oh, oh oh....
before I forget, drummers I have loved:
Bill Rieflin
Jaki Liebezeit
The machine out of Godflesh
Reni
Elvin Jones
and yer man out of Slint, specifically for that one For Carnation song, Snoother.

Roll on Decal tonight.

treelo (23 Mar, 2002 12:36 a.m.):
i luv bryan too.
when i have my band he's going to be my drummer, aren't you bryan. bryan? bryan, where you going... bryan!

what are you saying here? are you telling me that brian is actually bryan?????? christ i'm confused, so if brian is actually bryan, then who's brian?

Burgerbarbaby (23 Mar, 2002 02:01 p.m.):
There was me about to mail you Mark, to apologise for whatever I said. Seems it worked after all!
I crashed and burned horribly with the lady, by the way - I don't think she appreciated being slurred at for ten minutes.

was it the look of abject disgust we disscussed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back