Silver white win-ters that melt into spring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel, so bad.

I like
  • The thrill of going up to Dublin on the train/bus to go record shopping (Used to happen from 1984 to 1991 and now again since the end of 2003)
  • Hearing music I've never heard before
  • Box sets
  • Getting home from work on Friday knowing I've a free weekend
  • Reading the newspapers on Saturday and Sunday and taking my time over it
  • Cooking a fry
  • Drinking beer in the garden in the summer
  • Playing gaelic football with my next door neighbour in his garden when we are both at our respective parents' homes for the weekend (normally twice a year)

oh Zzzzzz

Why is it that people who don't like cats think it's perfectly acceptable to say so when a person they are speaking to professes a fondness for moggies? You might think you're just telling it like it is, but let me tell you, all us cat fans in fact begin to think 'this person is a rude fucker.

apologies. they scare me, with their sharp claws and their evil eyes and the walking on your lap and standing on your crotch.

anyway in future i'll just stay quiet just in case i offend anyone who likes anything

moc said:
apologies. they scare me, with their sharp claws and their evil eyes and the walking on your lap and standing on your crotch.

anyway in future i'll just stay quiet just in case i offend anyone who likes anything
I don't like cats either. And if they don't like the cut of my jib, hey can file a class action against me and take it to the High Court. I'll yell infringementofmyrighttofreespeech all the way. They can try to take it to the Supreme Court if they want but no one is letting they litle kitty asses in there...

..this is the "I like thread" not the I dont like thread.

CATS RULE. I wish cats did rule, then life would be full of warm spots in the sun(even on over cast days a cat can find the sun), big sofas, lots to eat, banging heads greetings with yer mates..sleeping late, singing at night and burying the odd poo.

aww, banging heads is the best, as is trilling and getting over excited and racing about the place. I really miss having cats. One of my sisters cats who had been missing for over a year turned up the week before christmas, which was the best christmas present she could have gotten. Now she has 3 british shorthairs who are completely Ewok-tastic. Huge big chunky fellas they are, and so gentle and sweet. I must point out I really like dogs too, but if I didn't, I'd never be so rude to reply to someone who told me they liked them with 'ugh, I hate dogs, they stink' as I would be aware that might not be a nice thing to do.

..this is totally true, glad someone else has pointed this out. I love my two cats to bits, they are better then most people I know. So when some asshole tells me they hate cats after I just spent an hour going on about them I get well pissed off, my boss once told me he shoots at cats that come into his garden with an air rifle.I was unimpressed to say the least.I mean I dont like kids and get bored to pieces when people go on about their children, but I keep my opinions to myself, not "oh kids I hate them..they're messy smelly little shitters who break alll the good stuff and ruin your social life." do I heck.

I know. I haven't got a problem with people who don't like them (after all, I have no fondness for horses, what a useless pet) but I do think you're a fucking ignoramus if you say to me straight after I tell you I like them that you hate them. What's that all about??

I'm allergic to cats, so I can't really spend enough time with them to enjoy them. I do, however, have a fondness for most of the cats I know. Last year, I stayed at my brother's house, where his cat, Fig, decided to crawl into bed with me and punch me in the face while I tried to read. Then he slept on my feet in such a way that I couldn't move them. The only other creature that could get away with that would be a dog. In summer, he also used to stretch out in front of the fridge whenever you opened it, as if it had been opened only to keep him cool. He'd get mighty peeved when you closed it. Highly amusing and tough not to love.

I don't dislike cats, I just can't really hang out with them without some discomfort. I used to like them less, but I now admire their low-maintenance way of living with people, but their ability to amuse in a semi-detached way.

There's nothing like seeing a dog run on the beach, with that abundance of sheer joy in being a dog running on the beach, often so excited that they forget to put their tongues back in their mouths, or otherwise forget themselves. Nothing like it.

Swoon. Me want doggie.

Of course they are. It's people being impolite and rude I have a problem with. I also don't get the whole dogs / cats thing. I like both, it is actually POSSIBLE. Plus I suspect a lot of people who dislike cats have either never had one or have had very little contact with them, so this makes me distrust their 'opinion'.
Goff said:
Are people not entitled to an opinion?

No one's putting you down 'cos you like the sneaky little fuckers.

Yawn.

People seem to get fanatical about cats. They either hate them or love them.
PersonallyI dislike them. My family did own a cat and it wasn't up to much. And there's lots of folk I know who own them.
I prefer dogs because they've more character. And they're just sounder pets. But they definitely need more looking after.
If it came down to it, I wouldn't care less if a cat was in my house. Unless it was a tiger or a lion. But I would care if there was a dog in my house. Unless it was a cat-dog. Which do exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back