I like food (1 Viewer)

kirstie (08 Mar, 2002 03:08 p.m.):
I suppose that's true.

I re-read my last post and would like to clarify:
South Street and Wagammama are both nice *foodwise* (and are cheap) but romance ist nicht found in a kinda grotty room or in a workers canteen stylee room. Least not in my buke. Pukeo Loco stinks of toilets therefore romance is also not to be found in there. Ever.

Other daycent places are Odessa for fairly rip off retro food in nice surroundings with COCKTAILS! and the Boulevard Cafe is cheap and cheerful but very very noisy and beloved of hen parties for some reason.

I'd say you and I would have completely opposite tastes Kirsty, no offence like. If someone took me to Odessa I'd dump THEM. It's waaay too posh, and they give you about three chips for God's sake.

Although come to think of it I did go out with a girl once who did actually take me to Odessa. I didn't dump her. The week after we went to Raj Doot and she dumped me!! Fucking Raj Doot, I'm not going back there...I remember the Tiger beer we got there though, that was nice.

Ya, I was in Odessa last friday and it was muck. I had this burnt sea bass, with this pile of dry brown rice beside it. Luckily it was a work thing so I didn't have to pay a thing. I also agree its way too posh, for me anyhoo. I've always been curious what that traditional Irish restaurant in templebar is like. I know that coddle, made right (by me), can be real nice, so I'd be curious to see what the other stuff is like.

mmm, yeah

I'm gonna get me a nice cold bottle of beer when I go home, with condensation on the outside indicating that it's juuuuuust cold enough, and hey! I've got a frosted glass at home, I'll pour it into that and then sip it slowly as I rest my feet on the coffee table...mmm...Friday...

Dan: isn't coddle a boiled fry?

Dan (08 Mar, 2002 03:58 p.m.):
Ya, I was in Odessa last friday and it was muck. I had this burnt sea bass, with this pile of dry brown rice beside it. Luckily it was a work thing so I didn't have to pay a thing. I also agree its way too posh, for me anyhoo.

Odessa isn't bleedin' posh - they just try to make you think it is. Not been in ages n' ages though so I dunno what it's like food wise now. Tell you what, take the missis to Patrick Guilbauds in the Merrion - that ought to impress her. And your bank manager.

kirstie (08 Mar, 2002 02:46 p.m.):
The Trocadero sucks balls - hugely overpriced and gak and the waitrons are bastards.

I got took to Eden last week. Twas lovely, though marginally spensive, but I wasn't paying so that was all good.

If anyone took me to South Street, Waggamama or PUKEo Loco for a rosemantic evening I'd actually dump them.

Little Ceasars is nice but not very romantic due to lighting and closeness of tables, the the Vagina Balti on Gorgeous St is decent for Injun (but the Rajdoot can't be beat) and for Mexican Acapulco is decent-ish and not too pricey. That little Italian you're on about comes highly recommended on the ridin' front also. Bond is fab food wise, it's down near Bus Aras, and in that area the Talbot 101 is also supposed to be good but I've never been.

mmmm m MMMMMMM.

BOND is amazing. Not many people have spotted it coz it's kinda hidden I guess.
I tried to have rosemantic nite there
but I got really really drunk on the gorgeous
wines downstairs and sort of ruined it.

The 101 rocks too.
Everyone who works there are sound.
Great foodz too.

hmmmmm where else....

the bird has a fondness for Cafe Gertrude
but i'm not so keen

Dish is nice in Temple Bar also Gruel is fun

Oh well, posh or pretending to be posh; six one and half a dozen the other.

Gilbaud's - yeah SURE, like no problem.

Maybe I'll just get a Goodfella's pizza and some cans of Dutch Gold.

maybe it's just me, but when I'm in the premating stage I likes a bit of strong lighting, so that the object of my lust can appreciate the finer points of my mighty mighty frame, and so that I can examine them more closely for failures of symmetry and other signs of unfitness to breed, like weeping sores or external tumors.

Also, nice solid tables that can support my mighty mightiness are a plus, as it means not having to wait till we find a suitable car bonnet.

i like the little place in Meeting house square, although i can't remember what its called, its on the left if you're comin in from the TBC side. There's always some amusing drunk guy there sipping on wine, i think he works in the arch before the haypenny bridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back