I like food (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
Can anyone recommend a good place to eat in town? I want to surprise the little woman this evening and I wouldn't mind trying somewhere new (not that I've been to many places mind).

wagamama is good - it's japanese healthy noodle food - but you get a good plateful. it's up opposite the gaeity on the side of stephen's green shopping centre. it's not a very rose-mantic place though - all long benches and bright lights...

belgo is good fun too but a tad expensive and again it's all long benches but kee-razy food - wild boar sausages and the like and a great selection of weiss beers and schnapps. it's up around the porterhouse type area.

for dinner tonight?
temple bar,
just down from the square and the gallery, across from the temple bar, is a little italian restaurant called something italian and its blue and small but very romantic, very tasty, and quite cheap too.
all italian food, but i'm tellin' you snaky, you'll be living off the browny points cos its lovely! myself and the lady go in there once a week....

used to be a place called Byrne's just across the ha'penny.
Hmmmm
Used to go there and get a battered burger and chips for a pound...
after the rock garden.
Good burger too.

lorcanzo (08 Mar, 2002 01:30 p.m.):
temple bar, just down from the square and the gallery,

that'll be il bocarro

s'nice enough, though no pizza!

my fave restaurant in dublin is southstreet pizzaria on georges st. cheap, good food and a lovely atmosphere.

that russian restaurant opposite steps of rome looks good, and the trocadero(?) just off trinity st is great, tons of autographed photos of celebs on the walls. though you notice that lots of the photos, particularly those of kirsty mccoll, are duplicated throughout the room.

the Thai Orachard on Westmoreland Str. is cheap(ish) and has some lovely food...Thai food rocks !

Best restaurant =
Transelvanian restaurant near parnell square.
Authentic romanian food and even a live gypsy band wearing bright shirts.
They even put on those vampire accents...
great red wine...
big picture of Vlad outside

dudley (08 Mar, 2002 01:54 p.m.):
lorcanzo (08 Mar, 2002 01:30 p.m.):
temple bar, just down from the square and the gallery,

that'll be il bocarro

s'nice enough, though no pizza!

fuck thats right, i remember now!
they do have pizza though, and it's lovely too, although i don't recommend the seafood one... yuck..

this is the most useful post in ages!

hmm...that's plenty of food for thought (literally). I think I've been to most those places except Poco Loco and Little Caesar's and that Russian place. I might go for one of those.

Il bocaro is quite a nice place if it's the one I'm thinking of. I also like South Street a lot. I likes Italian food me.

The Trocadero sucks balls - hugely overpriced and gak and the waitrons are bastards.

I got took to Eden last week. Twas lovely, though marginally spensive, but I wasn't paying so that was all good.

If anyone took me to South Street, Waggamama or PUKEo Loco for a rosemantic evening I'd actually dump them.

Little Ceasars is nice but not very romantic due to lighting and closeness of tables, the the Vagina Balti on Gorgeous St is decent for Injun (but the Rajdoot can't be beat) and for Mexican Acapulco is decent-ish and not too pricey. That little Italian you're on about comes highly recommended on the ridin' front also. Bond is fab food wise, it's down near Bus Aras, and in that area the Talbot 101 is also supposed to be good but I've never been.

New Indian place on Crowe Street (Temple Bar) is fab, can't remember the name even though I was only there on Sunday. Gorgeoulicious.

Mexico to Rome is nice, its like insane Italian/Mexican cross over

Bolagase Taco's and stuff

and The Shalimar on Georges Street is the KING of Indians... the staff are fab and explain what to eat with what so as not to burn your mouth off and actually enjoy the meal, top stuff.

Of course all pale in comparrison with The Perki Chick...

The Perki is the boss!!!

yeah..actually, rosemantic isn't really that much of a priority for me, I just like food really. Give me a trough and I'm happy out....although I suppose I should think of herself 8)

ha just kidding. really

I suppose that's true.

I re-read my last post and would like to clarify:
South Street and Wagammama are both nice *foodwise* (and are cheap) but romance ist nicht found in a kinda grotty room or in a workers canteen stylee room. Least not in my buke. Pukeo Loco stinks of toilets therefore romance is also not to be found in there. Ever.

Other daycent places are Odessa for fairly rip off retro food in nice surroundings with COCKTAILS! and the Boulevard Cafe is cheap and cheerful but very very noisy and beloved of hen parties for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back