I just want to tell you about Toasted Cheese and Onion Sandwichs (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 5
Has anyone tried deep frying shoes? I know it sounds weird but it tastes gorgeous. Try it now!

47738_1_468.jpeg

The best ever bread/cheese toasted sandwich combo is made with Veda bread(only available in Northern Ireland) and bog standard cheddar.

Make cheese sandwich,heat in the George Foreman,done. Feel guilty at wanting to eat the whole loaf.

The best ever bread/cheese toasted sandwich combo is made with Veda bread(only available in Northern Ireland) and bog standard cheddar.

Make cheese sandwich,heat in the George Foreman,done. Feel guilty at wanting to eat the whole loaf.

just googled it- prodestint bread!. No wonder I never tasted it. Will search it out next time I'm on the Queen's Highway.

Nothing compared to what the rest of ye have been having but I had tortilla thingies with tomato purée, cheddar and chopped onions yesterday, threw it all in the micro for two minutes.

This may disgust the gourmet toasted cheese sandwich eaters of ye but toasted cheese sandwiches made with processed cheese singles (or as the yanks call it 'American Cheese') in a one of those sealing sandwich makers are delicious.

This may disgust the gourmet toasted cheese sandwich eaters of ye but toasted cheese sandwiches made with processed cheese singles (or as the yanks call it 'American Cheese') in a one of those sealing sandwich makers are delicious.
Word.

Not technically a cheese sandwich, but for dessert last night, we had a mixture of cottage cheese and sour cream, between two slices of French Toast, drizzled with butter, maple syrup and cinnamon.
I like to call it, a 'French Blintz'.

This missus is often doing toasted ham and cheese sandwiches on the frying pan, they call it the croque-monsieur there, its a pretty popular snack/lunch.

a croque-madame is the same but with a fried egg put on top at the end

croque%20madame.jpg
so lads, tell your girlfriend/wife that your gonna surprise her to some newly-learned french-style cooking tomorrow night, and then slap two of these on the table: a 'monsieur' for you and a 'madame' for the..er.. madame.

i promise you, she'll be surprised

i love cheese on toast as much as the next man, but i've wanted for some time to figure out how to put the toast inside the cheese. here's how. takes about half a hour.

ingredients:

bread (white or brown)
cheese (grated)
hummus
chopped coriander or other fresh leaf herb
1 slice of wholemeal soda bread, ideally the crust.

equipment:

cheese grater
open grill
blender
a little tin foil
a mixing bowl
a few spoons

4518603643_80c62ccc49.jpg

grate the cheese
put the wholemeal bread only in the blender untill its crumbed.

4519242318_8e4ce96eee.jpg

construct a small boat like structure with the tinfoil and place the grated wholemeal bread in it.
turn on the grill and place the crumb boat in. toast the crumbs untill slightly burnt and crunchy.

4518612165_f074546e9b.jpg

while the crumbs are toasting, combine the cheese, hummous and sliced corriander in a the bowl untill you have a pasty mix to your own specifications of cheese/herb/hummus.
when the crumbs are nicely browned and crunchy remove the boat.
add the toasted crumbs to the mixing bowl, it will feel a bit like cement. stir it in.

4518617531_3ebccf9afd.jpg

note in this image, i didn't brown the wholemeal crumbs enough, browner is better.

toast one side of the sliced bread
apply the paste to the untoasted side of the bread . return to grill and reduce the heat in the grill so it toasts slowly. the paste is thick and takes a while to heat up, and you dont want to burn the edges of the sliced bread.

voila: cheese on toast with toast inside the cheese:

4519255994_831f979a69.jpg
tasty photolog. props.

I've already had me lunch...but I'm gonna have a toasted cheese and onion as well anyway.....thats just how crazy I am...

Would it be wrong to have toasted cheesies the same day as pizza?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Shneaky 6Pack again

I opted for a bowl of porridge instead....dont wanna get too cheesed up...

I havent tried a calzone yet....could be tricky I reckon....

couple slices of turkey, couple slices of mortedella. slice of swiss. mayo and frenches on white.
Its not gourmet but tis good at 4am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back