I just want to tell you about Toasted Cheese and Onion Sandwichs (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 82
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 5
Is making a cheese toastie not cooking? That where I got the inference from.

relax moose. as you said about 20 posts ago nooly answered the question. then you made up a question that i didnt ask ...i say microwaves are sacrelidge on a pretty regular basis as my little sis has a degree in nutrition and she said they drain a lot of nutrition so it must be true, also i make yuppie toasties so nutrition is a factor, as sometimes they are my dinner.

i any event i just tried gazzywazzy's method an i would say there is a marked advantage in the area of bread which resides underneath the cheese being properly toasted, and for the bread-cheese-bread format its a good solution to the temperature problem (wherein the cheese doesn't melt to the required level due to the messing about if the whole operation is carried out under the grill per say).

I want to eat this thread.

Two slices of generic white bread.

Under the grill on one side for a short while

Flip over,

Slice cheapo Aldi cheddar on it,

sprinkle with balsamic vinegar, some black pepper

Heat til cheese is cheesymelty.

Bish bosh, nice nosh.

I want to eat this thread.

Grilled_ham_and_cheese_014.JPG

Grilled in butter FTW.
it's also 50% of one of the best combos ever.
sheee.jpg

Grilled cheese sambo and tomato soup.

WOOOAAAHHHHHHHHh there shower!

Thats pure American.VERY TASTY!

holy fuck,I'm tempted to go for a third......Fat and unemployed...living/loving the dream.

Grilled_ham_and_cheese_014.JPG

Grilled in butter FTW.
it's also 50% of one of the best combos ever.
sheee.jpg

Grilled cheese sambo and tomato soup.

Looks lovely - but isn't that a frying pan as opposed to a grill?

The George Foreman does reasonable toasties but you can't really butter the outside of the bread. A proper sandwich maker gives best results for me.

Yanks call a fried cheese sambo a grilled cheese...Fucking lunatics.

Looks lovely - but isn't that a frying pan as opposed to a grill?

back in minneapolis circa 2004 this was my exact reaction. they were great for the cold MN winter though, i should have gone back to them for the big freeze. i like the way this thread is exploring the many diciplines. i havent owned a sandwhich toaster for some time. all open grill work these days.

Jazes I forgot about sandwich toasters....They rock(for a couple of weeks)

They're great for that crispy brown cheesey edge all round the taostie, although I'd say that frying/grilling lark would also do a fine job.

Sandwich toasters would be great if little leprechauns came in and cleaned them for you at night. They get manky really quickly and a bashtard to clean.

I'm gonna try one of those american sandwiches now. Ham, cheese, tomato and onion.

another nice variation is to take a good thick slice of french toast and put on rashers, onions, avocado, whatever else you like (a scrape of honey, or pesto maybe) with lots of cheese, grilled until the cheese is a bit crispy on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back