I just bought this yolk off thomann (1 Viewer)

Froog

Get some!
Supporter
numark total control midi controller. really cheap on thomann, 175 incl. postage from UK. some places selling it for 300! anyways can't wait to mess about with it, all my virtual knobs and sliders on this yolk, fucking ace! .|..|

numark_totalcontrol.jpg

Let us know what's like when you have it setup

Got a Bheringer BCD3000 and found it to be very plastiky and difficult to get working in Traktor 3

got it yesterday yall. pretty sweet so far, straight away picked up all the buttons from virtual dj, didn't need to program anything, think its the same for traktor, even has a special overlay you stick on for traktor. nice compact size, but not too compact as to be fiddly. bit plasticky alright, but that doesn't really bother me that much. jog wheels are cool, you can get mad "scratchy" type sounds out of it and navigate through songs easily. some latency issues, although that could be down to my computer set up. i'd recommend this although i'm new to all this caper.

My BCD3000 fell foul of some beer one night recently
so I've just ordered this yoke as a replacement

http://www.thomann.de/ie/numark_omni_control.htm

Seems similar to the Total control but possibly a better build quality and has decent internal sound card

Was torn between that and the Hercules RMX but the sound quality pushed me towards the Numark

yeah, that looks well cool, these controllers are so much fun, and you can do loads of cool shit with them.

usb out, yeah? I think ye could route all the knobs n' all to your choice of functions to aid in pro tools mixing ('least that's my idea... gonna look into it)

yeah, thats the whole point of these things, completely mapable with all the big software programs, nearly all music software should be mapable in principle.

yeah, thats the whole point of these things, completely mapable with all the big software programs, nearly all music software should be mapable in principle.

Ah Froog, how right you are... they should be mappable in principle.... should...:rolleyes:...even at osx 10.5 and PT 8...

and how often since '91 I've been tempted to drop in on digidesign HQ with a beautifully wrapped box that smells of diesel and is making a strange, faint, tick tick ticking sound...

BTW

The Numark Omni Control is both an Audio and MIDI interface (not just midi)
so it may be overkill for what you need Dubh

There are MIDI only equivilents out there
(eg Froog's "Total Control")

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back