I do love Ulster! (1 Viewer)

deafmute said:
give it time and youll see it....and having anarcho in yr name and then calling yrself authoritarian is somewhat baffling
Ah will ya go away with that shyte, I have a keen interest in many different types of politics especially those of the left wing orientation but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't respect society and the law.

For fucs sake, a country without police is madness if you ask me.
What are you gonna do when the INLA and many other criminal gangs start knocking at your front door? Call the A-Team?

Me fuking bollocks.

Anarcho Munk said:
Eh? I'm not an anti anti-fascist if that's what you're saying.

And with my remarks to fighting the police, I just can't find yesterdays attack on the Gardai justifyable they are only doing their jobs ffs, but when the time occurs when there is blatant police brutality I will duly criticisize it.

I dunno, maybe my comments have been misinterpreted by some people.

Well, on a wanky theoretical nerdy level, if you have an interest in anarchism, then you should have some idea of the anarchist critique of the state, authority, control and the police as a wing of the state. And on a personal and purely emotional level (I think you are somewhat limited by age and geographical location being 15 and in kerry) but the more you come into personal contact with the police for various reasons, you will begin to see and understand some of this seething rage towards those who attempt to control our lives, it's ot without foundations, but based on real hard lived experiences. I'm not too concerned with 'police brutality', it's inherent within being a member of the police force i.e. "their jobs"

This is a commonly accepted definition of the state, not just by anarchists, but within within political science/philosophy/etc. and by liberals, conservatives, etc. etc.

"a human community that (successfully) claims the monopoly of the legitimate use of physical force within a given territory" - Max Weber

"Every state is founded on force [...] If no social institutions existed which knew the use of violence, then the concept of 'state' would at be eliminated, and a condition would emerge that could be designated as 'anarchy,' in the specific sense of this word". - Max Weber

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State

Just for factual reasons, but was that asian guy mugged? I think he was the security at the londis (?). Someone on another forum said this.

deafmute said:
advanced that far yet......

'least your optimistic. TBH I don't think humans will ever be able to live ruling themselfs completely independent. So there'll always be a need for some kind of authrority, idealy one with the peoples best intrests in mind.

Oh, and out of many encounters I've never had a bad one with a member of the Guards.

OLP said:
'least your optimistic. TBH I don't think humans will ever be able to live ruling themselfs completely independent. So there'll always be a need for some kind of authrority, idealy one with the peoples best intrests in mind.

Oh, and out of many encounters I've never had a bad one with a member of the Guards.

i have faith in it,not in my time anyway but someday.and re the guards ive had good and bad but the bad certainly outweighs the good.

deafmute said:
well i got 70 euro in my pocket,but i reckon my kneecaps are only worth a score.cmon think about it seriously,how many times have the inla went door to door robbing people?

Firstly I was only using the INLA as an example hence

INLA and many other criminal gangs

Once they see a hole, they'll exploit it and with no guards around they'll get away with it.

well, for one thing the INLA aren't a crinimal gang - they're a National Liberation Army. It's in the name.

So there'll always be a need for some kind of authrority, idealy one with the peoples best intrests in mind.

Noam Chomsky (an anarchist) would agree with you on this one, but he believes that all authority structures should be questioned as there are few that are actually necessary. We could police our own communities and I don't mean vigilante style - I mean mutual aid and co-operation, not letting anyone fuck us over etc.

weeler said:
well, for one thing the INLA aren't a crinimal gang - they're a National Liberation Army. It's in the name.
The INLA used to be what you claim, last dozen or so years they have became a criminal drug dealing organisation who deal with the various drug barons from around the country including the north, they would be on a par with the LVF.
Deafmute I am from Dominick street in town and lived in Ballymun for 31 years so I have never seen a burnt moped. :sarcastictypersmilie:

weeler said:
Noam Chomsky (an anarchist) would agree with you on this one, but he believes that all authority structures should be questioned as there are few that are actually necessary. We could police our own communities and I don't mean vigilante style - I mean mutual aid and co-operation, not letting anyone fuck us over etc.
I work all over the inner city and somehow can't quite garb the notion of the shell tracksuit brigade from Sherrif st, Liberty house, Marys Mansions, Summerhill etc etc co operating with anyone, was tried b4 by Sinn fein during the late 80's and 90's as the concerned parents against drugs.

deafmute said:
to paraphrase a dead prez sample police become necessay only when theres a gap between the haves and the have nots,i mean they only originated a couple of hundred years back...
Your a working class version of Weeler :eek:

deafmute said:
well if they could do that they might be someway acceptable but (on the whole) theyre a just a bunch of power tripping egocentrics who do not have to answer to anyone....
I agree with this, but the other stuff no.
Ideally we need a independent board where you can complain to, such as the ombudman board up the North but with far more teeth.

Shorty said:
Also some of the stuff you've said to for example Weeler and Corm would be a bit different if you actually knew these ppl in real life as well as what they have done and do with regards to both political activity and within the punk scene.
I know both of these but it doesn't mean cos you know them you have to agree 100% with them.
I was into Anarchy back in the early 80's but maybe cos I've got older I see that it is not a perfect solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back