I do love Ulster! (1 Viewer)

weeler said:
I agree, but I would classify the looting of foot locker and schuh as good and the fact that for once Irish people confronted the cops and held them off for over 3hours. Having seen them attack many fluffy demos over the years I think they finally got the bloody nose they deserve yesterday.

Like I said it's not a simple case of good/bad, and you shouldn't dismiss it as such.

Ya know what, I actually agree with you on that point there.. Its just a pity they were targeting an innocent march instead of the cops though.

no loyalists were injured, cops were set on fire, it's obvious who was targetted.

Where do you buy your shoes from Weeler and what's wrong with Schuh, they supply jobs to all races.
Is it because Schuh don't supply the footwear you use?

weeler said:
I agree, but I would classify the looting of foot locker and schuh as good and the fact that for once Irish people confronted the cops and held them off for over 3hours. Having seen them attack many fluffy demos over the years I think they finally got the bloody nose they deserve yesterday.

Like I said it's not a simple case of good/bad, and you shouldn't dismiss it as such.

Agreed. More than happy to see people walking away with free stuff from shit shops on our main streets. The more I get pissed off with anarchist organizing, the more I enjoy the spontaneous uprisings of pissed-off members of our sick societies. Fair fucks to everyone fighting the pigs yesterday and thanks for providing the most exciting break from our mind-killing normality in years. Had a good laugh with a couple of well-dressed thirtysomethings in a city centre pub yesterday about it all. Pity about the bikes getting burned out and other generally low-life activities but this shit happens all the time anyway.

seaners said:
Pity about the bikes getting burned out and other generally low-life activities but this shit happens all the time anyway.
So you want the rioters to decide b4 hand what to smash up?
"platoon A you can attack cars with D reg's, Platoon B you can attack the yellow regged cars oh and platoon 3 make sure you stick to Motorbikes and not push bikes"

and it doesn't happen all the time.

weeler said:

So basically what you're saying is that you'd rather have a police force that can't cope with violent rioting as opposed to a police force that is able to keep things in order and in harmony with the rights of the people around them?

Anarcho Munk said:
I have an interest in anarchism.

So what's with some of your (reactionary, perhaps?) remarks with regards to anti-fascism and people fighting the police? Also some of the stuff you've said to for example Weeler and Corm would be a bit different if you actually knew these ppl in real life as well as what they have done and do with regards to both political activity and within the punk scene.

JANER said:
So you want the rioters to decide b4 hand what to smash up?
"platoon A you can attack cars with D reg's, Platoon B you can attack the yellow regged cars oh and platoon 3 make sure you stick to Motorbikes and not push bikes"

and it doesn't happen all the time.

Not sure where you live boss, Crumlin's full of burnt out scooters! I cycled home late last night and saw plenty of evidence of random violence and frustrated, alienated lives. And yes I would ideally like rioters to decide what to smash up beforehand. The mercs and the BMW (If I believe the reports, could be wrong) on Nassau Street in the heartland of the capitals elite will do me just fine though... the important thing is that there are riots and not shopping, which the papers continually seem to express the opinion that the disruption to commercial activities was one of the worst outcomes of the day. And before you point out that I would be pretty pissed off if someone burnt my bike I 'd agree, but I'd be able to have a laugh about it and remember it as a fine way to go.

deafmute said:
well if they could do that they might be someway acceptable but (on the whole) theyre a just a bunch of power tripping egocentrics who do not have to answer to anyone....

Well, forgive me for being an authoritarian bastard but I think it would be a lot better to have a someway decent police force rather than no police force at all.

You're always going to have some power tripping fecker wherever you go but being fair I haven't seen too much police brutality in this country, that I am aware of...

Anarcho Munk said:
Well, forgive me for being an authoritarian bastard but I think it would be a lot better to have a someway decent police force rather than no police force at all.

You're always going to have some power tripping fecker wherever you go but being fair I haven't seen too much police brutality in this country, that I am aware of...

give it time and youll see it....and having anarcho in yr name and then calling yrself authoritarian is somewhat baffling

Shorty said:
So what's with some of your (reactionary, perhaps?) remarks with regards to anti-fascism and people fighting the police? Also some of the stuff you've said to for example Weeler and Corm would be a bit different if you actually knew these ppl in real life as well as what they have done and do with regards to both political activity and within the punk scene.

Eh? I'm not an anti anti-fascist if that's what you're saying.

And with my remarks to fighting the police, I just can't find yesterdays attack on the Gardai justifyable they are only doing their jobs ffs, but when the time occurs when there is blatant police brutality I will duly criticisize it.

I dunno, maybe my comments have been misinterpreted by some people.

Anarcho Munk said:
Eh? I'm not an anti anti-fascist if that's what you're saying.

And with my remarks to fighting the police, I just can't find yesterdays attack on the Gardai justifyable they are only doing their jobs ffs, but when the time occurs when there is blatant police brutality I will duly criticisize it.

I dunno, maybe my comments have been misinterpreted by some people.

maybe not in everyones opinion justifiable,but certainly understandable.theres a sizeable number of people in this country who (with good reason) hate the police,yesterday was a chance for them to get some measure of revenge.

YEAH! THERE'S THIS EASTERN EUROPEAN GUY WHO SLAGGED ME THE OTHER DAY SO I'M GONNA GO AND BATE ANY EASTERN EUROPEAN PERSON I CAN FIND!!!!

justifiable?

OLP said:
YEAH! THERE'S THIS EASTERN EUROPEAN GUY WHO SLAGGED ME THE OTHER DAY SO I'M GONNA GO AND BATE ANY EASTERN EUROPEAN PERSON I CAN FIND!!!!

justifiable?

Does he act as an oppressive force in your community?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back