Humanitas (1 Viewer)

Nick Cave has added an extra date in dublin cause the first one sold out. So it seems a lot of people don't mind aying mad money to see the grumpy one.

There's going to be volvo family estates parked all over dame street as the 'oh I liked his 'into my arms' song, great for dinner parties!!' set flood the olympia for the first time since taking little Tarquin to the christmas panto. Mark my words!!

As an alternative I'll be hosting a massive Non-Event at a secret venue that I've not booked. Lots of special geusts hav'nt been asked to play and most have'nt confirmed they won't be there on the night and the whole thing won't be recorded for a possible futre release. Tickets won't be on sale from monday. definetly not.

Kylie has canceled her gig.

to be honest kylie cancelling would upset me more than anything nick cave could do, BUT

with the official announcement today of U2's Slane "event", can anyone say how much the tickets are for that. If it costs £37 to see one bloke perform in a city centre theatre, surely it'll cost about a million pounds to see 4 or 5 acts outside a castle in the country?

possibly

re: the soundout.net stuff... john was saying that there's no link from soundout to mcd or vice versa... that's precisely my point. mcd would dearly love to have some control over a 'credible', 'indie' site, and would probably take pains to hide the fact that their deeply untrendy asses were involved... which appears to be exactly what's happened. i have no idea as to the nature of the relationship between fiona mcphillips and mcd, but it seems quite clear that mcd don't want anyone to know that they're involved in the first place. they could be doing something as small as giving her space on their server or something; i wouldn't want to jump to conclusions about it. however, the indication would seem to be that they've got some sort of input that they'd like to keep quiet.

and that's all for now...

junior detective germ.

I think the credit to Fiona on the credits page was just a bit premature on the mcd web team's part. They have no input or involvement as yet whatsoever; as for the future, your guess is as good as mine.

Germ (P.I.), you forgot to mention anything about having four slugs in your holster and two in the tumbler on your desk...for shame...you'll probably have the union onto you before the end of the day....

germ (02-03-2001 12:17 p.m.):
re: the soundout.net stuff... john was saying that there's no link from soundout to mcd or vice versa... that's precisely my point. mcd would dearly love to have some control over a 'credible', 'indie' site, and would probably take pains to hide the fact that their deeply untrendy asses were involved... which appears to be exactly what's happened. i have no idea as to the nature of the relationship between fiona mcphillips and mcd, but it seems quite clear that mcd don't want anyone to know that they're involved in the first place. they could be doing something as small as giving her space on their server or something; i wouldn't want to jump to conclusions about it. however, the indication would seem to be that they've got some sort of input that they'd like to keep quiet.

and that's all for now...

junior detective germ.

Is that fact or a theroy? I'd hate to think you (or anyone) were making comments like that about someones site without sufficent evidence.
This is getting all very paranoid and I think until anyone can give definite proof that one site supports the other or not (or until someone can give a reason why we should really care) any comments on soundnet 9whihc I personally think is quite a nice site) should be left at that.

Soundout is fine. Soundout is indie.

I'll stake all of my punk points on it.

ahhh punk points indeed

that phrase reminded me of GN and sent me off to http://www.iol.ie/~insinbad , where i found:

The Punk Superpoints Club has been cancelled due to confusion with regard to the rules. The club was an attempt to find the people who were the most punk and reward them accordingly. Unfortunately, as is the nature of punk, everybody made up their own rules and confusion has reigned ever since. Depending upon your point of view going to or not going to The Old Chinaman would mean you were awarded punk points. Similarly, if you boycott, or go to, every Hope gigs you get the same points. Aspiring punk heroes and heroines were awarding themselves bonus points for doing u-turns and being extra hypocritical. As a result of this scheme it is now estimated that 94% of the weight of the book of punk is Tip-ex.

knocking on for 5 years old, and still as relevant as ever.

them were the days. kids, you don't know what you missed.

John (03-03-2001 07:53 p.m.):
Soundout is fine. Soundout is indie.

I'll stake all of my punk points on it.

Ok, here's the rub - Soundout is mine, all mine, ie totally independent. I run it, pay for it and have control over every piece of content on it. MCD approached me a few months ago about putting Soundout artists on their site as an "underground/unsigned" section that I would have complete control over. There was no money involved, but the idea was that the artists would get more exposure, we'd all sell more CDs and everyone would be happy. Obviously I was sceptical, but decided to leave it up to the artists themselves. I approached everyone on the site and gave them the option, and almost everyone was happy to do it. The underground section has not been added to the MCD site yet, and I had no idea until now that I was credited on the site. Germ - you must have gone through the MCD site with a magnifying glass to find that one. Still, all for the cause....

On the same topic - there was a rumour that a well known personality tried to launch a site identical to Soundout called "Soundoff". Apparently nobody took it very seriously and it faded away into obscurity.

And finally......Thinker Org had 193 downloads last week (the usage stats never lie) and my site's not hosted with OLM (?) Andy.

Cheers

Fiona

On the same topic - there was a rumour that a well known personality tried to launch a site identical to Soundout called "Soundoff". Apparently nobody took it very seriously and it faded away into obscurity.

Fiona[/quote]

That pesky Marty Whelan, hes mad to get some punk points for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back