http://www.taxidriversforchange.com/ (1 Viewer)

God. This image is almost as harrowing as one of those god hates fags children.

protest.jpg

Oh my, that's some logo.

RahDigitalLogoMast.jpg

Raheny Digital Media, transforming your website into a pixelated nightmare that's acting as a digital portal to hell.

it's just as well I retired from web design. I could never compete with that.

How do self employed people go on strike or have a union? I'm really perplexed by this.

Also every time I'm in a taxi I tell the guy how I was in Cork/Dublin/Limerick last night and it was all Nigerians at the Taxi rank. That's good for about 10 minutes worth of a rant.... way better than having to pretend to know anything about fucking soccer.

Also do taxi drivers really want to co back to the days of thousands of people stuck on taxi rans at 4AM on a Sunday morning, the casual ultraviolence, the rowing couples, the puking, the drunken mess of a bitch with her shoes in her hand who tries to skip the queue, and the asshole taxi driver who thinks he's doing you a favour as he presses the extras button on the meter 20 times.

Looking at in college today, (web design is a big part of the course) everyone was having a right laugh.. So we decided to see how much he charges... got this back

"
My web packages start from as little as €230.00 for a simple 2 page
website which would be Homepage and Contact Us page.

For a 5 page website with lots of input from you, I charge €450.00 in
total and this includes the 1st. years Hosting and your Dot.Com name.
There is also 4 Upgrades/Refreshers in this package.....Free."

How do self employed people go on strike or have a union? I'm really perplexed by this.

Also every time I'm in a taxi I tell the guy how I was in Cork/Dublin/Limerick last night and it was all Nigerians at the Taxi rank. That's good for about 10 minutes worth of a rant.... way better than having to pretend to know anything about fucking soccer.

Also do taxi drivers really want to co back to the days of thousands of people stuck on taxi rans at 4AM on a Sunday morning, the casual ultraviolence, the rowing couples, the puking, the drunken mess of a bitch with her shoes in her hand who tries to skip the queue, and the asshole taxi driver who thinks he's doing you a favour as he presses the extras button on the meter 20 times.

Ha!

I was in a taxi last night where the driver went straight from talking about the recession to "So, what do you think about this Nigerian woman and all her lies and deception?" and generally talking like he'd swallowed a hundred copies of the Sun.

I explained FGM to him in graphic detail and asked him what he thinks of a world where 50% of the population of an entire country is so profoundly unsafe that they can, in fact, legitimately claim asylum, and that shut him up. Mostly I think he was not used to someone saying 'hacked-up vagina' quite calmly in the back of his car. I just was not gonna listen to his rant. Then I realised I'd had him before and he'd been at the Nigerians then, too. So as pleased as I was for shutting him up without getting angry, I'm sure he learned exactly nothing.

If they want to act like self-employed people but be treated like salaried workers, then why don't we offer to apply the standards of a normal workplace to their taxis? That way, they could root out the racists and thin the herd by at least 30% (because I do think the racist ranting has at least diffused in the last few years, with lots of people taking up licences).

I nominate Mormon to go smoke the bigots out.

Oh, but BTW, freelance journos have a union, although it's more for bargaining power when people aren't being paid, or paid fairly or whatever. I understand self-employed people in particular industries getting together to try to make things work more smoothly and fairly, but only a fuckin' idiot would suggest a strike. You choose self-employment, and it means no holiday pay or sick pay, and that's shit, but it also means you can take a sunny Friday off and go play with puppies on the beach.

Looking at in college today, (web design is a big part of the course) everyone was having a right laugh.. So we decided to see how much he charges... got this back

"
My web packages start from as little as €230.00 for a simple 2 page
website which would be Homepage and Contact Us page.

For a 5 page website with lots of input from you, I charge €450.00 in
total and this includes the 1st. years Hosting and your Dot.Com name.
There is also 4 Upgrades/Refreshers in this package.....Free."

I should really get back to work. If this fella is earning money then I'll be minted.

Just talk to taxi drivers about cars and you'll be all right.

The obvious solution to the taxi drivers' problem is for lots of them to stop being taxi drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back