hp lovecraft: i am providence (1 Viewer)

Just watched CTHULHU (the 2007 film):

First off with Tori Spellings names attached to this I really expected this to be dire - I was kinda susprised. Though no exactly a great film its not completely terrible....

Much like Stuart Gordons 'Dagon' this film is based on an entirely different story than the title suggusts and just like Dagon the story is 'The Shadows over Innsmouth'.

The film is kinda surreal and dreamlike - the plot and the terrible secret of the local people is more implied rather than shown explicitly - there is no CGI monsters in this one...

That being said I much prefered Dagon but this is worth a look for Lovecraft completists....

Oh yeah and Tori Spelling rapes a gay fella in it..

cthulhupostbig.jpg

fishfuckers.jpg

Cthulhu isn't as bad as it looks..

I remember that game - its a board game but with lots of cards...Used to play the RPG too.

Just watched another version of THE DUNWICH HORROR (2009) which weirdly enough also stars Dean Stockwell.

Its a complete mess but slightly closed to the story than the other 70's version..

Jeffrey Combs plays Wilbur:

Wilbur1a.jpg

that game is great! i play it loads

got this from SATANSBRATEN:
innsmouthescapecover_130_130.jpg

gonna play it tonight if i can find some friends aged 12 and up!

currently reading robert e howard cthulhu stuff.
also deadly

LOL@ some friends aged 12 and up!

The Howard Mythos stuff I thought was a bit hit or miss - i did like the one about the obelix and poet (the one that was mentions in The Thing on Doorstep).

Howards casual racism is even better than lovecrafts - tons of mongoloid lesser races in the stories.

I really
Mysteries of the Worm by Robert Bloch but its been out of print for ages. It was meant to be reprinted last Halloween but it never happened.

Might just get a used from from Amazon.

Got a copy of UNKNOWN BEYOND - though i must say it looks kinda shit but as a completist i am forced to watch it..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also managed to get a whole DVD of HPLS fan films - some are enjoyble but most look very very cheap. Nice version of From Beyond there too..

“The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all the content of this thread.”

My bro visited his grave over the summer and brought me back a vial of grave-dirt. It shall be placed under my pillow when the stars are right, in the hopes of witnessing a fearful non euclidean landscape or two

Looks like Guillermo del Toro is back onboard for AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS..YIPPEEE!!

Prior to the start of Comic-Con and during the media swarm over his reboot of Disney’s The Haunted Mansion, Guillermo del Toro consistently told press that he would make an official announcement very soon on what would be his next directorial project. Speculation has been rampant since del Toro’s departure from production on The Hobbit in May, especially since the filmmaker has always been open about the long list of potential projects on his proverbial plate. The wait is over. Guillermo del Toro will finally direct his adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness, a horror novella written by H. P. Lovecraft in 1931 about an expedition to Antarctica that uncovers the remains of ancient, alien lifeforms. Their discovery awakens a dark, mysterious force.

FULL STORY

Looks like Guillermo del Toro is back onboard for AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS..YIPPEEE!!

Prior to the start of Comic-Con and during the media swarm over his reboot of Disney’s The Haunted Mansion, Guillermo del Toro consistently told press that he would make an official announcement very soon on what would be his next directorial project. Speculation has been rampant since del Toro’s departure from production on The Hobbit in May, especially since the filmmaker has always been open about the long list of potential projects on his proverbial plate. The wait is over. Guillermo del Toro will finally direct his adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness, a horror novella written by H. P. Lovecraft in 1931 about an expedition to Antarctica that uncovers the remains of ancient, alien lifeforms. Their discovery awakens a dark, mysterious force.

FULL STORY

I wonder what do the purists think about the rumours that Del Toros script is not an entirely faithful adaptation?

Its hard to tell and i don't think the 'payoff' makes good cinema..By its very nature Lovecrafts storys are hard to film..

FULL STORY

Ahh, I'm looking forward to it, it could be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back