hp lovecraft: i am providence (1 Viewer)

i still regret not visiting his grave

Prolly just as well.

The monolitic headstone is of problematic dimensions and sports unnatural angles that would cause you see shelter in the comfort of insanity...

Or the band Darkest of the Hillside Thickets...

7b3d.jpg

fc59.jpg

garetthulhu9916.jpg

Some Songs:

Shoggoths Away.....Right Click - Save as

Color me Green.....Right Click - Save as

The Innsmouth Look

the recent silent movie? no, any good?

was was the other cthulhu related movie that came out with tori spelling (maybe?) in it?

Yeah the Silent one.

It's amazing (despite the budget) - best HP adaptation ever.

Yeah - there's new one with Tori Spelling don't know shit about it..

Currently playing this

shadowcometxi7.jpg

Couldn't afford it when I was a kid but now it's FREEEEEEEEE

stolen

Did u get it from an Abandonware site?

I have a text adventure called THE LURKING FEAR.

Have u seen this:

pcg_call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth.jpg

I liked it...

Oh heres a list of Lovecraft films (I made this post on another forum):

The Call of Cthulhu (the recent Silent film) is by far the best adaptation of his work ever. Very close to the story in both plot and mood. An amazing piece of work..

Though Re-Animator and (too a much lesser degree) From Beyond are enjoyavle and fun movies they would have Lovecraft spinning in his grave...Nudity and girls for gods sake..LOL

The forementioned Beyond the Wall of Sleep was to see the great William Sanderson once again but that was about it..

Stuart Gordon's Dargon is a pretty decent adaptation of The Shadow over Innsmouth (despite the title) - pity Combs wasn't in the lead though. Gorndon also did a decent job of Dreams in the Witch-House in the 1st series of Masters of Horror. The Crimson Cult was another poor though all star cast version of Witch House too..

I enjoyed the DUNWICH HORROR - it did capture a little of the original story but not having Wilbur Whatley as the offspring of the Goat of 1000 young was dissapointing..

The Curse and Die Monster Die are both versions of The Color out of space and both are pretty lame despite the latter having the great boris Karloff in it.

Dark Heritage, The Lurking Fear and Hemoglobin are also sorta adaptions of Lovecraft's LURKING FEAR. The last film mentioned (with Rutger Hauer) is prolly the closet in my opinion despite never seeing a reference to it as such.

The Haunted Palace is another fave of mine starring the always fantastic Vincient Price - it's a version of The case of Charles Dexter Ward with a title change so it would fit in with the rest of the other AIP Poe films. The Resurrected is another (closer) version of the same story..

The Night gallery series has done a few good adaptations - Pickman's Model, Professor Peabody's Last Lecture and Cool air.

The Shuttered Room has mention of the Whatleys/Dunwich as well as been titled to the Lovecraft collaborator August Derleth.

Lemora, A Child’s Tale of the Supernatural, though not an adaptation has a lot of Lovecraft aspects including the Busride scene straight out of Innsmouth..Good film too..

Alot of other films have Lovecrafts influence:

Castle Freak - Similaritys to the Outsider

Necronomicon - Has Lovecraft as a character in it and The Evil Dead also has the Necronomicon as the cause of all the problems..

Cast a Deadly Spell - Also has Lovecraft as a character but this time he's a hardboiled detective in a fantasy world. It was folled with a sequal, Witch Hunt.

The Maze is another very influenced with a man trying hide his family secret of tainted genes..

In the Mouth of Madness always seems to come up too..

The Unnamable is full of Lovecraft name dropping - Randolph Carter/Miskatonic University etc etc...and is crap..As was the sequal.

Did u get it from an Abandonware site?

I have a text adventure called THE LURKING FEAR.

Have u seen this:

pcg_call_of_cthulhu_dark_corners_of_the_earth.jpg

I liked it...
Never played that.
There's also the Alone in the Dark series, or at least the first one, but they're a bit shit.

I kinda like how Shadow of the Comet is a very slow paced game, it's all a bit eerie and nothing happens for ages.

I never really would of considered The FOG - I missed The arkham reference in it too..

I just got this but i've yet to watch it..

lovecracked.jpg

There was also an old version of Dreams in the Witch house with Barbara Steele and Boris Karloff in it - The Crimson Cult -never got to see it though..

I have a version of From Beyond that was made by the HP Lovecraft society too.

I never really would of considered The FOG - I missed The arkham reference in it too..

I just got this but i've yet to watch it..

lovecracked.jpg

There was also an old version of Dreams in the Witch house with Barbara Steele and Boris Karloff in it - The Crimson Cult -never got to see it though..

I have a version of From Beyond that was made by the HP Lovecraft society too.

deadly..i'm gonna order that call of cthulhu dvd from them

there's also a film called Kindred that i'd like to get my hands on

ok the silent movie call of cthulhu is brilliant!

many thanks to ferox13 for sending me that shit

gonna watch it again when i'm not so sweepy
really great though

Watched the "Call of Cthulhu" on a big screen in a castle last night with a live score. Fucking amazing.

Inflatable screens are also deadly and a lot of fun setting up in heavy wind.

Watched the "Call of Cthulhu" on a big screen in a castle last night with a live score. Fucking amazing.

Cool - where was that at?

I just got a ton of shorts made by the HP LOVECRAFT society. they're of various quality but they are very enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back