How much do you eat everyday? (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

Hmmm.. Im just wondering about this... Like are you the type of person who hops off of food and never gains weight or the person who struggles to loose weight but eats nothing but healty stuff.

Im not sure if I eat to much, my weight is grand but I also think I eat out of boredom. I seem to be constantly eating of late...

Hmmm.. Im just wondering about this... Like are you the type of person who hops off of food and never gains weight or the person who struggles to loose weight but eats nothing but healty stuff.

Im not sure if I eat to much, my weight is grand but I also think I eat out of boredom. I seem to be constantly eating of late...

Your body goes through cycles, sometimes you need more food and you're hungry all the time, sometimes you're not so bothered. If you're eating out of boredom, but you think you actually feel hungry, maybe you're not eating the right balance at meals, or you aren't eating enough at meals?

I gain weight in a seemingly random fashion. Can't figure it out. Sometimes I can eat loads and loads and stay fine, other times I'm not eating much and I'm porking up with what seems like no end in sight.

Sometimes, too, you can mistake hunger for thirst. Like, you think you're hungry but you're actually a bit dehydrated. HAve a glass of water and then see if you still feel hungry. If you do, eat. I find if I'm drinking loads of water, it's easier to determine if I'm actually hungry or if I just feel like a snack. Sometimes a small snack when you're not all that hungry can stave off the kind of hunger that might cause you to overeat.

Anyway, in the modern west we don't just eat when we're hungry, and we don't listen enough to what our bodies are telling us. Mine, for example, is always crying out for more chocolate, but that's a very loud noise and so I do what I can to shut it up, which is normally achieved by shoving loads of chocolate down my neck.

Point is, if you're eating what you're eating and your weight is staying stable, you're more than likely fine. It means whatever you're putting in is getting burned up by your metabolism. No reason to starve your system just because you think you should because it'll slow your metabolism down, and make you tired (which can also make you eat more because your body wants energy) and also possibly cause you to gain weight.

Our bodies are also still developing into our early 20s (I got my very first boobs at 22), which means you're probably burning up loads of energy and your body is still changing. It's always changing, in fact. Best thing you can do is learn to listen to it. One day you might eat loads, next day food just doesn't interest you. It's just how things are.

Our bodies are also still developing into our early 20s (I got my very first boobs at 22), which means you're probably burning up loads of energy and your body is still changing.

Mine didn't develop until I was 30.

i used to be able to eat anything and not put on weight. when i stopped doing a 29 mile round trip cycle to work, my colleagues were gleeful in their predictions that i would pile on weight. i put on two pounds.

I could comfortably eat twice as much as I do, I'm a bottomless pit. At the moment I'm trying not to be cause the weather's shite and I've got a horrible cold, so I haven't been cycling enough to burn it all off.

But having a horrible cold in shite weather makes me want to stuff my face with comfort food..... preferably bombay mix and pumpkin curry.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back