How many sold to make a NUMBER ONE HIT? (2 Viewers)

youreonlymassiv

Website
www.myspace.com
The IRMA website says it's private, but how many copies would you need to sell to become a number one hit?
Or, like a top 40 hit?
Surely not that many if Mundy and Sharon Shannon are in the top 5?
Enough for Larry Gogan to call you out.
Enough to become a one hit wonder.
Just wondering, like.

m.

2,000, eh?
I know you know everything leigh, but how do you know this eh eh?
Also is there a good and bad time to release a potential one hit wonder?

not a chance at christmas - one of the busiest times of the year for the singles market, however the best time is around june/july, essentially around the times of festivals and stuff
the reason being a vast number of record buyers (as it were) tend not to buy as much during the summer months with more income been put to one side for festivals - hence the large amount of one hit wonders and novelty tricks during the summer months.
...really
:)
leigh

GUYZE, how about a Thumped Christmas Number One in July?

We can call in Jumpers in July. Pants and Sanky will be the grumpy daddies on the cover, fighting over who gets to carve the turkey, which is wearing a bikini made out of bits of old jumpers. I'm going to look hot, so someone's going to need to be REALLY good at photoshop.

That's as far as I got. I guess we need a song, but Jumpers In July will practically write itself.

And remember kids, number two sometimes comes after number one, so when we hit Number One, keep a safe distance and breathe into the sleeve of that jumper you're wearing.

In college some Irish music bigwig or other told me of songs getting top 10 in January during the 90s with only 100s of copies sold. I have no proof.

In college some Irish music bigwig or other told me of songs getting top 10 in January during the 90s with only 100s of copies sold. I have no proof.

i'm not sure if it still works the same way now but in the 90s the charts were tallied from sales of only a number of shops chosen at random from around the country. if you sold well in just one or a couple of these stores you could make the charts. for this reason it was very hard to buy your way into the charts because you could purchase all the available stock in HMV on grafton st or whatever and it may not affect the sales. Unless you were in the know of course

yeah it's all about where you sell them, rather then how many

remember them cocks two years ago who got busted for chart fixing, all the CDs bought in chart return stores on the same credit card in the space of a day or two

they said, in their defence, that it must have been an "over zealous fan"

haw haw haw!

yeah it's all about where you sell them, rather then how many

remember them cocks two years ago who got busted for chart fixing, all the CDs bought in chart return stores on the same credit card in the space of a day or two

they said, in their defence, that it must have been an "over zealous fan"

haw haw haw!

I was talking to someone about this last night. what were the names again?. think it was a male model as the singer

I THINK it was St Julian

or something like that... there was a thread

yeah, fella was a model, he was doing some posey fashionista cheek bone nonsene in HP the week that story broke, oh how we laughed

"over zealous fan"

amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back