how many pedals do you own? (1 Viewer)

the departed

and how many of these do you use?
right theres a loada pedal threads here recently so this one is a little sister to the "how many guitars do you own" thread. maybe they all could be merged.
ill go first.
2voxtonebendervintage.jpg

dont use it cos theres a wire or two out of place. love to get it fixed but not sure where.
EH_DLX_MEM_Man.jpg

vintage EH memory man. id use this as my slight delay pedal to "wet" my sound a little.
EH_Small_Stone.JPG

vintage small stone. use this a bit. its a really nice analogue phaser with a great slow sweep.
eh_polyphase.jpg

vintage EH polyphase. really really nice analogue phaser. id use this on a recording as opposed to live at the minute. more problems with the wiring at the minute so the power can go from time to time. the small stone suffices for live stuff.
eh-freq-analyzer-mini.jpg

EH frequency analyser ( only pic i could find). crazy ring modulation pedal which i frickin love but again has power problems and the unit buzzes after being on for 10 mins..you can get some maaaad sounds with this. ill throw up some sample of stuff ive done with it soon. id use this all the time if it worked properly.
397.jpg

this is a weird ibanez yoke that i use as a noisey distortion pedal. sounds really nice 'n' cutting.
DS1-c3c676ecb416f7417fd7369068ee2a78.jpg

good ole reliable. can sound shite in some amps though.
large_1.1.1.4.1-3-14.jpg

for when the memory man is too big to carry.
marshall_guvnor.jpg

can sound deadly.
Boss_TU-2_Chromatic_Tuner.jpg

dont leave home without it.

so all in all im still looking for the right distortion pedal.
best ive played is an mxr distortion +

Ibanez TS808 Tubescreamer
Boss DS1 Distortion
Boss DD6 Delay
Boss RC20 Loopstation
Boss SD1 Super Overdrive
Boss FV-50L Stereo Volume
Danelectro DD1 Fab Tone Distortion
Danelectro DT2 Dan-O-Matic Tuner - Rubbish!
Danelectro DSD-1 Shiftdaddy
Dunlop Crybaby WahWah

on the way:
Behringer Tremolo
Behringer Tuner

I don't like oversized pedals like all those EH, too much trouble taking them to gigs. They might sound nice but too much trouble. I'm also not that interested in collecting vintage pedals, i'd prefer ones that work, besides I play clean most of the time.

397.jpg

this is a weird ibanez yoke that i use as a noisey distortion pedal. sounds really nice 'n' cutting.
DS1-c3c676ecb416f7417fd7369068ee2a78.jpg

good ole reliable. can sound shite in some amps though.
large_1.1.1.4.1-3-14.jpg

for when the memory man is too big to carry.

dont leave home without it.

oh yeah totally agree with you sparse. this is what i tend to gig with.

pain in the arse to lug around. just makes your setup look shit hot! and yeah vintage does just mean "likely to stop working at any stage!

still though. analogue=mmmmmmm

cut back a bit of late. current rocking axe into:

SD1-fb621450dba64338d880667ae844c82a.jpg

into
sho_big.jpg

MXR109-2T.jpg

into

pedal.jpg

into amp.

wah (dunlop crybaby i think, not sure)
danelectro dan echo
danelectro overdrive (the cheap €19 one)
mxr blue box
electro harmonix electric mistress deluxe flanger

the first two ive had for years, i use the delay a lot - i really like it, rarely go near the wah as im not that mad about it and its a bit heavy to be lugging to gigs. the last three are new - i dont know what i bought a flanger for as ive never really liked them, this one is nice though but its an awkward lump of a thing to carry so it seems as if its destined to be left at home with the wah. the overdrive and blue box are small and handy and therefore will probably get used.

i also have a zoom multifx rackunit thing that i use a lot - it has lots of reverbs, delays, flangers, phaser, rotating speaker, ring mod, tremelo, pitch shifting etc

my chain at the moment:

Jazzmaster>>>Big Dots Tuner>>>Boss DS-1>>>Amp>>>Boss DD-3 in FX loop

The DS-1 is just for feedback and stuff.

I've a Dimarzio wery metal pedal, sounds great on me bass but I'm yet to use it with a band. Can't fins a picture but it goes all the way to 11 which is cool.

I used to have a Boss Flanger but it weny walkabout years ago.

I can think of 11 pedals I have right now,but I'm sure I have a few more. Try to use no more than 3 or 4 at any gig,but it depends on the set.

holy fucking giant pictures Batman.

the last time i used a pedal on a regular basis it was...ohhhh...about 8 years ago...Boss Heavy Metal pedal. i miss it.

i've had dozens of pedals over the years and have just lost them. maybe part of the reason i switched to bass.

ohh...sorry, i thought this was the 'old man reminiscing about lost glory' thread.

Deadly thread... I like pedals
bmbig.jpg

Pearl%20CHORUS.JPG

Pearl_AD-08.jpg

boss_tremolo.jpg

rtodr01.jpg

Blender-Custom-lg.jpg

dodflashbackfuzzfx66_5147.jpg

And a broken Phazer pedal, otherwise known as the dreaded MID pedal

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back