How many guitars have you? (1 Viewer)

asdadasd

• Total voters
Have you tried doing a rubbing of the back of the headstock with a soft pencil and a bit of paper? I used that trick before to decipher text on a mystery piece of Bakelite that was in our attic when we moved in
have had a closer look, and we reckon it's a 90s guitar; seems the 8 digit code on LPs follows the format AXXXBXXX, and AB is the year; A in this case looks like a 9.

not going to post a photo, but was in my brother-in-law's guitar room today, i think he's got 17. he's a les paul fan, got himself a 59 reissue anniversary model recently (secondhand); the little plastic knob on the pickup selector was missing, and a new one cost him over €50 because he went for a bakelite one to keep it original.

not going to post a photo, but was in my brother-in-law's guitar room today, i think he's got 17. he's a les paul fan, got himself a 59 reissue anniversary model recently (secondhand); the little plastic knob on the pickup selector was missing, and a new one cost him over €50 because he went for a bakelite one to keep it original.

Jaysus. But I guess 50 quid in the context of a couple of grands worth of a guitar isn’t that insane..

Can't imagine being so precious over something. No harm in looking after it,but that's too far for me.

Buy a used R9 and save a few thousand. Let's face it,it's probably never getting played.

i wouldn't know the exact model; he mentioned it was made in 2019 i think and is the anniversary edition, not available any more. he did get it secondhand, for not far off what it cost new.

edit - seems to match the description here, i remarked it was lighter than i expected, so probably the same one as being sold from the american shop here:

Last edited:
I got a couple of new ones lately.

My new Numero Uno which is a red Squier Classic Vibe..I was late coming to these, didn't believe the hype. But it's a brilliant guitar.My favourite. Mexican fender sent to the attic.

I also got another Aria. A Jet 1. Excellent guitar also! Unusual,Gibson scale offset.

my jammy BIL recently picked up two exceptionally clean looking epiphone ES339s (two separate sales); both sold with issues; one with a visible crack in the neck, the second with faulty electrics.
the first, it's not a crack, it's just a flaw in the paint; and the second, it was just some minor corrosion in the pickup selector switch, and a minute of switching it backwards and forwards rapidly fixed it.
i think he paid €300 in total for the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back