How many guitars have you? (1 Viewer)

asdadasd

• Total voters
I've so many guitars I've lost count. My attitude is if a guitar cost a couple of hundo..its worth just keeping if you love it. Even if its in the attic

I know people that spend 200 notes on a trip to a restaurant without flinching

I've so many guitars I've lost count. My attitude is if a guitar cost a couple of hundo..its worth just keeping if you love it. Even if its in the attic

I know people that spend 200 notes on a trip to a restaurant without flinching

I'm down to 3 electrics - two of which I built myself. and two are technically tele's
lots of other stringed instruments

Keep telling myself the only guitar left I could sell is the G&L Legacy. Then I take it out, change strings, and say fuck that. Not having some shitbag offer €150 for it on boards.

G&L.jpg

my wife has a les paul special; was resprayed at one point (quite a good respray) so we've no idea how old it is. my wife has a hunch it's early 80s for some reason.

bastards are coded around the sides, and not easy to take out without breaking the solder on what i think would be capacitors between them? i'd thought based on a quick search that the last two digits would be the month of manufacture, but on the one i can see here, it ends in 79.
also, would the depth of paint on the back of the headstock imply it's been repainted? it's very difficult to read the number as is.
PXL_20220713_160813916.jpg PXL_20220713_161058192.jpg

The cap legs will bend quite a bit before breaking. ~I'd try that bottom left one with the 7. If ya do break anything I'll fix it for free seeing as it's my suggestion to do it.

bastards are coded around the sides, and not easy to take out without breaking the solder on what i think would be capacitors between them? i'd thought based on a quick search that the last two digits would be the month of manufacture, but on the one i can see here, it ends in 79.
also, would the depth of paint on the back of the headstock imply it's been repainted? it's very difficult to read the number as is.
View attachment 15999View attachment 16000

I'd be thinking that's painted over,should be readable.

View attachment 15999View attachment 16000

Have you tried doing a rubbing of the back of the headstock with a soft pencil and a bit of paper? I used that trick before to decipher text on a mystery piece of Bakelite that was in our attic when we moved in

Have you tried doing a rubbing of the back of the headstock with a soft pencil and a bit of paper? I used that trick before to decipher text on a mystery piece of Bakelite that was in our attic when we moved in

Also - fact that control cavity is red and rest of guitar is black - unless you have some mad gradient/burst finish - I’d say a refinish for sure!

I wasn't sure if that might just be a primer which wouldn't have made it to the final finish. Not clear from the photo above, but it's now a deep purple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back