How many guitars have you? (1 Viewer)

asdadasd

• Total voters
I wasnt aware Gibsons had tuning problems. None I've ever played did but I've only played a few

And I don't know much about the headstock angles either..though I will say my GS I think has a shallower angle than my old SG..and it is unnaturally easy to play which I attribute to that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are Gordon Smith guitars direct copies?
Or do they try iron out the problems associated with certain designs?
Tuning stability, headstock angle ect...

Headstock angle is mellower,less tuning issues because of the brass nut( doesnt wear as much as other materials).Controls in different positions on some, neck set a little deeper very slight difference to body shapes but not enough to look wrong.

Humbucker come cool tapped as stock, but otherwise up until recently are less fancy than the gibson they are based on.

Theres more room for variation too,as they are hand made more than a lot of other guitars,at least as far as I know.

Really, I could throw my strat out the window & it still be in tune.
My LP stays holds tuning really well. Not as good as the strat.

Just curious, not in the market for any more guitars.

I dunno,I reckon it's as much about how people play suiting one more than the other. And then all the design stuff and then how people look after and string guitars.
Not so much one being better.

I blame the trem and the fact I play hard,lots of muting and bends,and with a thick plectrum. I dont use the term,but its thete. Got it set up a while back and while its nicer to play it still goes out. And it's my sofa guitar.

I have Gordon Smiths, Gibsons, a Fender and a Squier. The Gordon Smith's have by far been played the hardest,and give me the least issues.

Some of it has to be what suits the player

The hot rail doesnt bother me, I have the original pick up it came with the guitar when i got it,but i couldnt be arsed changing it back.

The Jack plate i got in a music shop in dundalk when it was closing for ridiculously cheap. I couldnt resist it,its too hilarious. Would easy have paid way more for it.

The hot rail doesnt bother me, I have the original pick up it came with the guitar when i got it,but i couldnt be arsed changing it back.

The Jack plate i got in a music shop in dundalk when it was closing for ridiculously cheap. I couldnt resist it,its too hilarious. Would easy have paid way more for it.
Its not the end of the world but you're missing out on position 2 and 4 magic . I couldnt cope with that on my strat

my wife has a les paul custom she barely uses, is thinking of selling it. is adverts a sane place to try to sell a guitar?
Its a great place to sell a guitar. Ive bought and sold loads.

Just stick it up and refuse any offers you don't like..of which there will be plenty. But sure thats no harm.

It'll sell eventually. especially if the price is right

I've been enjoying the middle single coil on the above yoke. Think I need a single coil in the neck too. Maybe a P90 type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back