house hunting hell (1 Viewer)

puppetmonkey

i was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience -

when you go looking for a house to rent in dublin do you have to sell all your soul at once or can you give it away, piece by piece?

All at once I think - I also had to sign over my firstborn son (as yet unconceived).

It's a bit hellish all right!

every time i go to look for a house, i forget how horrible it is. The dealing with smarmy, spawn of the devil estate agents; crazy eye rolling landlords; weird neighbours who stare silently at you as you walk up to the door (once you eventually find the house, after following the shit directions given). then the realisation that you are going to be handing over at least half of your hard earned money for a house that has ants in the walls/feral cats out the back/ blocked drains/ broken showers etc etc. Ah, the bliss of being an independent city girl.

get together with your buddies and split the rent on a nice huge apartment. i did, and everyday we have crazy wacky adventures

friends3.jpg

do doodle de doo doo de doo doo

get together with your buddies and split the rent on a nice huge apartment. i did, and everyday we have crazy wacky adventures

Well, originally that was the plan. but, as it turns out, we're all incredibly poor and unable to pay the rents demanded in this new celtic tiger society of ours. unless we want to live in ballycullen. which i dont.

Well, originally that was the plan. but, as it turns out, we're all incredibly poor and unable to pay the rents demanded in this new celtic tiger society of ours. unless we want to live in ballycullen. which i dont.

ah now...

Perhaps men, with the hunter/gatherer instinct are more successful at househunting. can anyone confirm this?

or is it just because stupid sexist estate agents don't like talking to the ladies about manly issues such as paying rent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back