Homemade chocolate truffles (1 Viewer)

sweetoblivion

Live from her fairytale world of clouds and pixies
Well, if these aren't bloody easy to make! .|..|.|..|

Just chuck 200g of dark chocolate into a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt it and pour in around 100g of cream as you go. Add whatever fillings/flavourings you want.

When it's a smooth mixture, pour into a chilled bowl, cool it in the fridge for around 1hr + until it's all firm, then scoop out teaspoons of it and roll them into small balls.
Roll them in Bourneville cocoa powder, or sprinkles, pop back in the fridge - voila!

Made a load of ones with 70% cocoa and a bit of vanilla extract last night, then today:
40% cocoa with Baileys (unbelievably nice!!)
55% cocoa with orange blossom flavouring
Green & Black's Maya Gold

Just waiting for them all to cool and then I'll roll them in different toppings...

If anyone knows where I could get mini cupcake cases and presentation boxes I'd be indebted! If I can't find them I'll make bags for them.

i was just thinking about making some myself last week when i was cooking for my family. might give them a shot over christmas.

kitchen complements have ones for little sweets!
cute!

brilliant thanks a million! I don't really know Dublin well yet so didn't have a clue where to get 'em. So is that a proper shop as well as an online shop?

They're dead easy, seriously. Just make sure the water isn't boiling underneath the bowl or the chocolate will get too hot and get all nasty. Can't wait to try the Bailey's ones! They're calorific so I'm giving most of them as pressies.

kitchen complements is on chatham street (off the top of grafton street.) They'd be the only place I think of that would stock kitschy stuff like that.

cheers dudes. I'm at work in Kildare tomorrow though and they close at 6pm, argh! If the boyf is off on Tues I'll rope him into buying some for me! :)

don't go into kitchen compliments Aoife!you will become addicted like me and buy all kinds of kitschy stuff there!

these are my Christmas cupcakes:

Attachments

• christmas cupcakes.jpg
    christmas cupcakes.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 182
i made some for christmas last night........
i went on the jamie oliver recipe pretty much.
double cream, clementine rind, unsalted butter, good quality chocolate (i used lindt <3) and a lot of whisking.

i also had some homemade praline leftover from an iced praline torte i made the other day so i used that to cover the truffles.

im thinking of incorporating roasted hazelnuts into the truffle mix before it sets next time. yumz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back