homemade alchohol recipes (1 Viewer)

Rachel666

Another boring sober summer. My brother refuses to buy me booze:(

Anyone have any homemade alcho recipes?

trianglegrrrl said:
Another boring sober summer. My brother refuses to buy me booze:(

Anyone have any homemade alcho recipes?
you can, or at least used to be able to but homebrew kits, fuck the beer ones, make one of the wine ones, either while of rosé.you'll end up with about 20 or 25 litres of absoulte loopy juice.also but in a bit more sugar than recomended to mak it stronger.

easons used to sell all the stuff required

Nah, the beer ones are good, especially the stout. That stuff comes out mental, different strengths every time! You need kegs and measuring buckets though.

I had a zine with a recipe for something called "chicha" I think, which is made out of pineapple and sugar and only takes a couple of days in the fridge to develop its alcohol content (the kits take at least 2 - 3 weeks to ferment) I think the zine is in my mates house around the corner. I'll post up the recipe when I get it back. Although if you live at home you probably don't want large bowls of suspicious liquid hanging around the fridge...:)

frona said:
Nah, the beer ones are good, especially the stout. That stuff comes out mental, different strengths every time! You need kegs and measuring buckets though.

I had a zine with a recipe for something called "chicha" I think, which is made out of pineapple and sugar and only takes a couple of days in the fridge to develop its alcohol content (the kits take at least 2 - 3 weeks to ferment) I think the zine is in my mates house around the corner. I'll post up the recipe when I get it back. Although if you live at home you probably don't want large bowls of suspicious liquid hanging around the fridge...:)

:eek:wow, that sounds deadly.you could make a batch of gat during the week for every weekend.

hanley said:
:eek:wow, that sounds deadly.you could make a batch of gat during the week for every weekend.
why did I know you'd be all over this thread. ;) nice avatar :D

sure there's probably loads of recipies all over the net for cheap and nasty booze solutions. I'd say you'd just wanna be careful that you don't end up going blind or something..

with regard to kits, cider is pretty hard to fuck up. tends to taste grand too. all you need is a bucket. a mate made a batch of stout once and it was unbelievably bad, so..

plug said:
why did I know you'd be all over this thread. ;) nice avatar :D

sure there's probably loads of recipies all over the net for cheap and nasty booze solutions. I'd say you'd just wanna be careful that you don't end up going blind or something..

with regard to kits, cider is pretty hard to fuck up. tends to taste grand too. all you need is a bucket. a mate made a batch of stout once and it was unbelievably bad, so..

indeed, beenin thinkin about doing this kind of shit for ages.just been too lazy.think i might get it going on now soon, as for the blindness...meh

jusy saw this on ebay
5£ for some yeast? suppose theres specific yeastaction for this type of brewing.think i might try it anyways:D

hanley said:
indeed, beenin thinkin about doing this kind of shit for ages.just been too lazy.think i might get it going on now soon, as for the blindness...meh

jusy saw this on ebay
5£ for some yeast? suppose theres specific yeastaction for this type of brewing.think i might try it anyways:D
Pah! Don't mind them. It's just the same yeast you use in bread. You can get a big plastic jar of the stuff for a euro.

frona said:

I'm experimenting with some ginger beer and some cherry juice left in the hot press for a month. I think the fridge kills off the yeast.

hanley said:
cool, suppose you'd get that in a bread shop or baking shop or something????

Depends what sort of yeast you need. I'm using the stuff you get in supermarkets, at the bread section.

Catwoman said:
I'm experimenting with some ginger beer and some cherry juice left in the hot press for a month. I think the fridge kills off the yeast.
ginger beer. a mate was talking about that before. supposed to be lovely/easy. a winning combo. whaz the deadl with that????

edit: er, deal. ahem. :eek:

Latex lizzie said:
I was talking about him getting a boyfriend with a beard.

romijn.jpg

just had a thought what are alcopops? usually a spirit and a fizzy mixer yes?
so get some vodka, lash in some tk lomonade, add a couple of spoonfulls of siucra and yr away in a hack?
next stop: vomitsville..passing through queasytown, preganantsville and morningafterpill towers along the way. last stop remorseful valley.

plug said:
ginger beer. a mate was talking about that before. supposed to be lovely/easy. a winning combo. whaz the deadl with that????

edit: er, deal. ahem. :eek:

I'm using this recipe

http://www.vurt.co.uk/Articles/GingerBeer.html

I've taken a small amount, added more yeast and I'm leaving it in the hot press for a month, then I'll put it in the fridge for a week. I think that's how it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back