Holiday rights (1 Viewer)

HMV is a chain store and they are usually into standardised employee treatment.

Did you not receive any leaflets or training on staff procedure for everything as is usually the way with chain stores?

I'd ring the head office but first go to citizens information. When you know where u stand put in a complaint.

I really would not post his name publicly like that as there is a record of that if he was googling himself or if someone else mentions that the post is there.

Mackle - I think you should get a moderator to edit the guy's name.

Proper policy for holidays is to get a holiday chart and people write their time off on it. Sometimes seniority takes priority - i.e. managers pick their days first.

If having people off simulultaneously causes difficulties in terms of staffing then there should be a clear policy from head office that states how many people can be on leave together.

If you are forced to cancel your holiday then ask them to refund you the monies lost. If they haven't clearly outlined the company's annual leave policy then they should do this at the very least.

HMV is a chain store and they are usually into standardised employee treatment.

Did you not receive any leaflets or training on staff procedure for everything as is usually the way with chain stores?

I'd ring the head office but first go to citizens information. When you know where u stand put in a complaint.

I really would not post his name publicly like that as there is a record of that if he was googling himself or if someone else mentions that the post is there.

Nah I didnt recieve anything on this. Talked to him today about it on the phone and he pretty much just said tough luck. Asked him was it store policy and he admitted it wasnt, was just to make his life easier.

Aye definitley gonna go and get official advice on this. If all else fails I'll be sick a lot this year :D

Yeh putting his name on wasnt the smartest idea yeh. Get it edited now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back