Holiday rights (1 Viewer)

mackle

Just looking some help her eon something cause I cant find anything suitable anywhere else. Basically my boss has said that if I want to take a holiday between now and November I have to have it booked off by the end of May. Can he really enforce that seeing as something might come up after May that I need a holiday for? And also I have a holiday booked for the end of july for going to amsterdam. I booked this with him in Januray. Somebody else in my work is also going away that weekend and we will both be off so they'll be down two staff and he says one of us is gonna have to give up our holidays. Do I have any standing seeing as I booked this months ago with him as did she? I dont think its HMV store policy or anything I think he's just being a wanker. So I might phone up the head office and find out what the story is.

Anyway any info would be a great help!

Dont know if that applies to me seeing as I live in the North! Cheers anyway

mackle i think its reasonable to expect that yr manager is looking for advance warning of holidays..i know when i worked there we had to let them know a couple of months in advance..its cos of the july sale and then it s always busy towards the end of the summer and then you have the october sale..that said he cant tell you to cancel yr holidays if he has already authorised them..there should be some sort of planner up on the managers wall with the holidays marked up on them..make sure yr up on that..if yr not bring it to their attention and see what they say. have you any dates or anything that you know when you asked for them?whats the manager's name up in that store?my mate used to be a.m. there and he was asking me did i know the other day...

You're right Janer this guy is a cunt!

Muffin, the manager is (probably best not mentioned on the internets - pete). Anyway yeh he has a holiday calendar on his wall but the thing is he is very sneaky and pulls these tricks on people. Like the particular holiday that I have requested for Amsterdam which I booked with him in Januray I looked on the holiday calendar two weeks ago and it wasnt even up there so I brought it to his attention and he tried to say I hadnt informed of the holiday until I argued the point out with him and he admitted he could remember it. I am fully aware of all the different things that go on within the store but still HMV does not own me. If I have holiday if I give notice of a few weeks I should be able to take them. I shouldnt be expected to know about 6 months in advance if I need a holiday. I'll be moving house in August but I dont know exact dates so I'll need time of then. Should I be expected to just accept the fact that I cant take a day off for that?

i know the dudes name but cant place him...they are pricks about that stuff..i once had plans for me and the boys anniversary and i had to cancel them cos i was told i had to organise a stocktake...if he says you cant take yr holidays and he isnt prepared to move on it just ring in sick when ya want them...they cant legally say anything to you about sick leave(it's in their policy and pocedures) so all they can ask for is a doctors note if its over 3 days..

Ever hear of sub contractor type thingy bob.....also stop playing dumb or I will leave this thread for ever and ever and.....well u get my drift.

template_r2_c2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back