HMV sale, deadly (1 Viewer)

bombidol

Website
www.twitter.com
Just got the "Weird Tales Of The Ramones" boxset for 24 Euro

R7CD22.jpg

3 CDs and 1 DVD and a big comic book of Ramones related stuff. Fucking rapid.

What HMV do you go to? It serves pretty much nothing of my musical needs bar the Hydrahead, Ipecac stuff. And TV DVD boxsets too..

I love getting staff dicounts on the sly too :)

Yeh its so much as well. There's never anything there I wanna buy so I just end up ordering so much stuff in.

I don't see how its "punk" to buy stuff at a HMV or Virgin shops..but thats just the way I see things.

It was the HMV in Cork that I saw the Crass cd. :) It was selling for 5 yoyo's.

I had to sit through a meeting yesterday and listen to how badly the company is doing. My heart was bleeding for them! They only made 30 million sterling last year. Awwwwwwwwwwh

I remember being very surprised to find a Flux of Pink Indians cd in Virgin in New York. It just seemed ..out of place somehow.

But at the end of the day....zzzzzzz

sorry, just nodded off at the thought of this old "what is punk" thing again

Look, I'll clear this up for all of you.

CDs aren't punk, no matter where you buy them.

Vinyl is punk but ONLY if you post off an order (NO EMAIL) with cash hidden safely inside the envelope to the DIY mailorder lads and finally get your beauties a month or so later OR from a DIY distro at a gig. Anything else veers dangerously close to consumerism (ie online orders, online auctions, any place with a till or *gasp* barcode reader, etc.).

MP3s can sometimes be punk, but only as long as they haven't been contaminated by an MP3 player like an iPod, which definitely IS NOT PUNK

The most punk medium of choice is, and always will be, copied cassette, so overused that its impossible to read the writing on either side and the tape twists in the middle.

Lock this thread.
PUNK ROCK HAS SPOKEN

I have to disagree with you there Oly,

you like a punk band so you should show your support and that is by buyin their CD's and merchandise and the easiest way is to get it over the net is it not.

CD's is one way to listen to punk.
cassetes are dead.
mp3's is the future.

the DIY scene survive on sellin merch in any way possible and the human race was made to consume....even though we dont like to admit it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back