Hitler vs Ireland (1 Viewer)

Christ, wc, I'll have one of whatever you had last night.

I was, and remain, absolutely sickened. Sitting in the West Upper everyone could see we needed to make a change after 60 minutes, players were tiring, particularly Sammon, we were retreating and it was ominous. It was so obvious even a child would have seen it. We didn't, Trap's fault, and got punished eventually, though they also had great chances before that.

Plenty of positives but I think it's too little too late now. If it becomes mathematically impossible to qualify, Trap should stand aside. We have the nucleus of a good side there.

jameson.jpg

And lots of it

Gut-wrenching, it was like watching a film that you've seen loads and hoping it ends differently. We had a free kick at the corner flag around the 90th minute and we should have set up camp there. Instead, I only remember Walters and Sammon tap it to each other - with no other green shirt for miles around - and eventually lose possession. How Alaba was given that much time and space in the dying seconds I will never understand.

To be fair to the Austrians, they stuck with it. They're a half decent side and if we're honest probably on a par with ourselves. We failed to be professional and close out the game and tiredness did us in the end. Manager has to take a lot of the blame for that.

The dogs on the street could have told yo that he needed to freshen up the midfield alright but losing Clark at the time we did was a kick in the balls for Trap. His old cautiousness came out yet again. The top managers now will make three substitutions at once, that's the level of their ambition to win games. Trap didn't even use all 3 substitutes. That's a rarity in modern football. Like I said we would we eventually sacrificed the midfield and just resorted to the hoof. We (like Everton) might actually be better when we're behind.

Trap has to go there's no debating that but the main positive is that we look like we might have a decent footballing side in there somewhere. I'd like to see Chris Hughton or even Mick come in in the summer before the end of the qualifyers. It won't happen but I can hope.

Looking at it today if Germany beat everyone and Sweden draw twice with Austria we can qualify by beating everyone and getting a point off Germany. It's a huge ask.

I don't think Chris Hughton is going to leave a Premier League job for Ireland, we'll be looking at the likes of Coyle, McDermott and whoever else is out of work in 6 months.. I think Brazil is a pipe dream now, we'll need to win at least one and probably both of the games in September and Trap has demonstrated over and over again now that he won't take the bit of risk required to beat sides at or above our talent level. I can see several more draws between ourselves, Sweden and Austria, we'll get pushed into 3rd or 4th thanks to pastings by Germany (inclusing projected future pasting). Also our group may end up being the one with the lowest-points second place team that doesn't even get a playoff spot (it is at the moment).

The 2nd half last night was grim, after the 60 minute mark.
Any fool would have taken Sammon off and brought Hoolihan on, at a time when we needed to start holding on to possession. Instead, when Sammon does go off, Paul fucking Green comes on - no possession there! Green was also at fault for the goal, completely missing a fairly straightforward challenge whilst the ball was still out on the wing.
The pluses are that Coleman and Wilson have both been excellent in those two games, yeah, the defence actually looks good again thanks to them.

The major plus from last night, though, is Montenegro.

I don't think Chris Hughton is going to leave a Premier League job for Ireland, we'll be looking at the likes of Coyle, McDermott and whoever else is out of work in 6 months.. I think Brazil is a pipe dream now, we'll need to win at least one and probably both of the games in September and Trap has demonstrated over and over again now that he won't take the bit of risk required to beat sides at or above our talent level. I can see several more draws between ourselves, Sweden and Austria, we'll get pushed into 3rd or 4th thanks to pastings by Germany (inclusing projected future pasting). Also our group may end up being the one with the lowest-points second place team that doesn't even get a playoff spot (it is at the moment).

If we can't get someone of Hughtons standard then we might as well keep Trap. Coyle or McDermott aren't good enough. I'd rather have Pat fucking Fenlon.

The target has to be 20 points now 4 wins and a draw in Germany it's not impossible. Sweden and Austria aren't world beaters you'd expect Germany to beat them both.

The 2nd half last night was grim, after the 60 minute mark.
Any fool would have taken Sammon off and brought Hoolihan on, at a time when we needed to start holding on to possession. Instead, when Sammon does go off, Paul fucking Green comes on - no possession there! Green was also at fault for the goal, completely missing a fairly straightforward challenge whilst the ball was still out on the wing.
The pluses are that Coleman and Wilson have both been excellent in those two games, yeah, the defence actually looks good again thanks to them.

The major plus from last night, though, is Montenegro.

Yup the writing was on the wall from an hour onwards.

Only caught the last 15 minutes of Black Mountain. They could have won it. Again it was like watching a different sport from the Ireland match, end to end high tempo and two sides playing to win. Wish I'd seen more of it but the lads in the pub said that England had been in control for long periods before the equaliser. What does Leighton Baines have to do to start for England ? It boggles the mind.

That free-kick we had near their box at the end was a fucking joke. Should have been over to the corner flag, Walters and Sammon and whoever standing around it for the next 3 minutes, game over. Fucking idiots.

That free-kick we had near their box at the end was a fucking joke. Should have been over to the corner flag, Walters and Sammon and whoever standing around it for the next 3 minutes, game over. Fucking idiots.

Before they took it I turned to an english guy beside me in the pub and said "any other team on the planet would run this into the corner and keep it there for a few minutes lets see what these lads manage" He couldn't believe that we fouled it up. I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back