Hilarious things you've seen at gigs (3 Viewers)

Asschapel playing in Kavanagh's in Belfast, one of the best gigs ever. Kavanagh's was a real dodgy hole. At the end of their set, Asschapel did a slayer cover, and this bunch of scumbags came in the door, about 5 or 6 of them, looked like they should have been dealing drugs or some shit, anyway they proceeded to jump right into the moshpit and piss themselves laughing at each other, it was class.

thats his initials, dont want to say his name online. small chap, very white, jet black hair, played guitar, from cork. its him alright id say, unless there was another incident of throwing a bottle at brian moloko at a gig in ireland.

Em no, the guy I'm thinkin of is tall, ginger , plays drums and from santry. Hmmmmmm
Lets never talk about this again!

Played in this mad crusties wagencamp in the centre of a site under a gazebo in Hamburg once, we went to get fed at this kind of field kitchen set-up in a portacabin and there was this really long warning notice written in huge red letters in German, the only word I could understand in the whole thing was 'hepatitis'. half way through our set this guy in an orange jumpsuit rode bareback across the front of the stage on a huge pig.

The night before we had played a squat called the Lobosch around the corner near the Reeperbahn. This Polish punk was wandering around with a human head in formaldehyde he had gotten as a gift of an old mate as a coming home present as he had just done 2 years in prison. His mate had broken into a university lab looking for drugs but that was all he could grab.
To top it all the guy with the pickled head had a full back tatoo of a football match complete with a crowd scene, stadium etc. I went to sleep in the van and woke up the next morning around 10 and went into the venue for breakfast and to find the rest of the lads. The guy was still sitting at the same table as 12 hours before, still drinking and not seeming any more off his head than the night before. To top it all ,for breakfast him and a load of dudes from the squat went to the supermarket and just walked out with a trolley full of nicked goodies. we had boiled egges, ryvita and champagne for breakfast.

God I love Hamburg.

Also saw a couple riding at a UK Subs gig in a bar in New Ross c.1995.

funniest thing (as in most annoying) was when we did our christmas party in voodoo and prince kong is pummeling out some breakcore madness and doran ( the mad one ) turns it off and puts on fairy tale of new york without warning 'becuase he wanted to listen to it'

packed club does one collective 'eh' and then shouts abuse at him as one untill he turned it back to kongs 200 bpm snare rolls

95% naked front man of Fucked Up walking through the sparse crowd to go for a piss in Whelans, mid set.

95% naked front man of Fucked Up picking up a crowd surfer and throwing him againt's a wall in Whelans, mid set.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/605511340_3f5429837e.jpg

Whelan's this year? Don't remember any crowd surfing or Damien throwing anyone against a wall. I do remember this though:

2848388914_fd492ffdd9.jpg

2848390586_4da344647b.jpg

2847561323_53e607fa63.jpg

2848393308_b58a213c13.jpg

2847564445_9f994a14bd.jpg

Whelan's this year? Don't remember any crowd surfing or Damien throwing anyone against a wall. I do remember this though:

2848388914_fd492ffdd9.jpg

2848390586_4da344647b.jpg

2847561323_53e607fa63.jpg

2848393308_b58a213c13.jpg

2847564445_9f994a14bd.jpg

yeah it was this year. i was probably more observant than most because I was on my own, to the back. it was when he was in the middle of the crowd, some dude jumped on him and literally flung him across the room, was gas.

Whelan's this year? Don't remember any crowd surfing or Damien throwing anyone against a wall.

I wasn't crowdsurfing, i was just standing to the back (had just come straight from work completely sober), he picked me up, put me over his shoulder, marched me around the venue and then slammed me in to a monitor.
Then about 3 or 4 other dudes piled on top of me.

Sore and kinda embarrassing, but funny

That all makes a lot more sense now. I do remember you being dropped on the stage and everyone piling on top you. I was in the right in front of the stage and totally sober too.

Grant Lee Buffalo in the Olympia bleeding years ago. I don't think security were expecting moshers. A guy burst onto the stage and hugged grant lee phillips. Bouncers converged, and he did a stage dive into the crowd to escape. Of course, this was the olympia, so there were seats in, and the crowd was sparse. People parted like the red sea and he landed on his back across a row of seats. Somehow he managed to get up and run.

Great gig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back