higher yield savings accounts? (2 Viewers)

sealed human

There may be older threads on this already but I'm too lazy to keep scrolling through old pages...

Basically as I'm thankfully debt free in this crazy age of ours and have a few G's sitting doing nothing in an AIB deposit account, what would be anyone's recommendation on a really good savings account that will get things working for me?

I've heard Rabo are good for interest rates and are flexible, but I'm open to putting the cash anywhere. that said, I wouldnt be mad keen on these schemes where you're penalised for taking money out and you cant touch it for 2 -4 years etc. Enough of that guff with the SSIA!

Any advice will be repped accordingly....|..|

Dear Sir,
Confidential Business Proposal
Having consulted with my colleagues and based on the information gathered from the Nigerian Chambers Of Commerce And Industry, I have the privilege to request your assistance to transfer the sum of $47,500,000.00 (forty seven million, five hundred thousand United States dollars) into your accounts. The above sum resulted from an over-invoiced contract, executed, commissioned and paid for about five years (5) ago by a foreign contractor. This action was however intentional and since then the fund has been in a suspense account at The Central Bank Of Nigeria Apex Bank.
We are now ready to transfer the fund overseas and that is where you come in. It is important to inform you that as civil servants, we are forbidden to operate a foreign account; that is why we require your assistance. The total sum will be shared as follows: 70% for us, 25% for you and 5% for local and international expenses incidental to the transfer.
The transfer is risk free on both sides. I am an accountant with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). If you find this proposal acceptable, we shall require the following documents:
(a) your banker's name, telephone, account and fax numbers.
(b) your private telephone and fax numbers —for confidentiality and easy communication.
(c) your letter-headed paper stamped and signed.
Alternatively we will furnish you with the text of what to type into your letter-headed paper, along with a breakdown explaining, comprehensively what we require of you. The business will take us thirty (30) working days to accomplish.
Please reply urgently.
Best regards
Howgul Abul Arhu

Rob.png

I spoke to this guy already

george.jpg

and he offered me a better deal. €6,000,000 was left to me by a man I've never heard of but I'm sure its all on the level...

think the BOI easySaver is good, 4.5% is a brilliant rate compared to most (AIBs savings rates are shocking). I can set up a DD to bleed my AIB account over the next year this way so it looks like a regular deposit.

BOI are cunts, but I may as well get some from them

i'm in the same position. couldnt give a shit about interest rates to be honest- on a couple of grand its the difference in maybe 30 or 40 quid a year. i like the idea of saving/borrowing from a locally based collective so i'm going start an account with the credit union.

http://www.creditunion.ie/cu_savings

Credit unions are cunts these days now too though. Rabobank is where I leave my vast sums.

i'm in the same position. couldnt give a shit about interest rates to be honest- on a couple of grand its the difference in maybe 30 or 40 quid a year. i like the idea of saving/borrowing from a locally based collective so i'm going start an account with the credit union.

http://www.creditunion.ie/cu_savings

Last year mu credit union payed out 1% dividend which is shite, some didn't pay out anything. you didn't have to pay DIRT on CU dividends a few years ago, don't know if that's changed.

the anglo irish acc looks good too, I had heard a few grumblings from others I know using the credit union...

As much as I like the idea of a credit union, you'll earn fuck all interest. Good for getting loans cheap though. I started with the Anglo one around last September and the rate was 5.35% at that time. I see Halifax have some 7% dealy going on for current accounts at the moment but there must be some catch.

That article is wrong because that rate has dropped to 4.25 now, still a decent rate though. Checked out the Halifax 7% thing at lunchtime: a joke really. Gives you 7% on the first 2k of your deposit and only if you put in 1500 a month!

That article is wrong because that rate has dropped to 4.25 now, still a decent rate though. Checked out the Halifax 7% thing at lunchtime: a joke really. Gives you 7% on the first 2k of your deposit and only if you put in 1500 a month!

Any kung fu fighting?

That Anglo rate looks good alright, as long as the economy doesn't go belly up. I think in Iceland (the country) you can get around 17%, which they repay in atlantic trout.

My money is in Rabo, though I'm gonna put some in Anglo Irish, and if I ever make it back home I'll stick some in the local Credit Union, which does actually have the best rates around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back