ESB and direct debits? (1 Viewer)

wild_cat

I have to do something fucking adult today...

Setting up an ESB account and I just wondered would anyone know if it would be safe enough to set up a direct debit for my main current account or would it be better to set up a savings account within my account to use?

Setting up a second account would be a real pain in the hole as I have no way of getting in to Enniscorthy during bank hours due to ruralness at the moment.

Are they dodge with DD payments or anything?

I trust the people Im going to be living with enough to know that they will give me money on time etc so i'm not afraid that my own money would be taken in the case of a failed DD if I was to set up the saver account.

We're going the DD route because our landlord told us they need a 400 euro deposit if your going to pay it by paper.

I've never had any problems with the ESB in terms of direct debits. Unlike Eircom, when I cancelled it and transferred the account back into various landlord's names it stayed cancelled.

You should use your current account for bills and your savings account for savings.
Just keep €100 or so in the current account, or set up an overdraft.

The DD with ESB is grand, they send you a bill before they take the money off ya.

The worst part about getting housemates to pay you the money directly before it gets taken out of your account is that you drink it all instead of putting it back in the bank!
Just get your housemates to set up internet banking and pop the money into your account before it gets taken out of yours.

The worst part about getting housemates to pay you the money directly before it gets taken out of your account is that you drink it all instead of putting it back in the bank!
Just get your housemates to set up internet banking and pop the money into your account before it gets taken out of yours.

One of them only got a bank account the other day......

That is an excellent idea though.

It's good that someone can learn from my bitter experiences.

If your housemates are starting college they'll be signed up to a million different banks after freshers week.
You can sort out the internet banking then!

We all dropped out of our courses last year...

I made it cool to sit on your arse for three months in dublin before telling your parents what was going on...

This year we're doing everything on our own because we all got completely fucked over by different student accomidation companies.

A licence to reside is the most evil thing ever! EVER invented.

I tell you what is evil....

I've just signed a tenancy agreement. In it was an article saying that if the tenant terminates the tenancy before the agreed expiry date of the term, then they have to pay the costs incurred by the landlord to rent it out again.

However there is also a clause saying if the landlord ends the tenancy early they don't have to pay anything towards the costs that the tenant will incur from having to move.

Pricks. Got that landlord break clause removed.

I tell you what is evil....

I've just signed a tenancy agreement. In it was an article saying that if the tenant terminates the tenancy before the agreed expiry date of the term, then they have to pay the costs incurred by the landlord to rent it out again.

However there is also a clause saying if the landlord ends the tenancy early they don't have to pay anything towards the costs that the tenant will incur from having to move.

Pricks. Got that landlord break clause removed.

Thats the same in a licence to reside..... You also cannot have friends over after 10pm, you can be charged for a cleaning company because you didnt clean the tops of the fucking skirting boards. Im still waiting to see what is left of my deposit..... very little i'm thinking.

My friends payed around 800 euro in "fines" for having people over past 10pm in the Griffth College apartments. Security just used to walk in to their apartment to.

Security came into our place a few times but I wasnt there at the time. Had a row with one cunt at 4am one night trying to get my fella at the time in with me. He wasnt there when knackers were wrecking the place though.. nope..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back