Hidden History on RTE one (1 Viewer)

Corey

William Martin Murphy Documentary. Loads of great archive footage of victorian and early 19th century dublin.

Apparantly the indo were total pricks back then too.

DAmn I forgot that was one...

We did a huge project on trade unions/the lockout/1913 back in school when I was 13 or so. Kinda amazing.

It's the best thing to come out of RTE in years. I'd love to get a DVD set of them all.
Even recruiting his great granddaughter and another couple of semi-sympathetic voices, it was impossible to present Murphy as anything other than a roaring prick.
I liked the brooding press shots of the young Larkin. He has star quality.

Larkin was indeed one dashing motherfucker. Murphy had a tweedy ignorance about him alright.

I'd completely forgotten about the lock in. The scale of murphy's corporate hold on dublin during his prime must have been staggering. I dont think i'd ever seen live action footage of dublin from that far back either. I was mesmerised.

Was thinking the same thing. Some of these have been great. Loved that Catalpa rescue one.

Yeah, and that was an episode I had no knowledge of. What a trick! It had adventure movie written all over it. Someone has to turn it into a film.

Larkin was indeed one dashing motherfucker.

792.jpg

Yeah it was excellent. Really nicely shot too. Poor old WMM. Hated at every turn, and he never really understood why.

mr%20burns.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back