Hey There!! (2 Viewers)

My Leaving was in 1989, first paper was Maths I think, which thoroughly depressed me - I was good at Maths, but kinda painted myself into a corner early on and got the fear and just made a shit of the paper.
Then it was grey and rainy when I went outside
:(
The rest of my leaving was ok - college exams were far, far worse

i started to get really sick around then with stress so i spent most of the time being doped up on funny herbal teas that some holistic doctor told me to drink.

!bog

egg_ said:
My Leaving was in 1989, first paper was Maths I think, which thoroughly depressed me - I was good at Maths, but kinda painted myself into a corner early on and got the fear and just made a shit of the paper.
I remember that day well, paper 1 in maths, arsed it up, then geography in the afternoon was pretty hard too.

I remember feeling like I had been dragged through a hedge and I was also thoroughly depressed! Lucky for me paper 2 Maths went my way.

i did mine in 2002 so i remember it quite well
leaving the pub where we were watching the ireland v. germany match when we were one-nil down to go into a french exam was terrible

egg_ said:
same here, 1989
I did the Matric as well - poxy exam

but English was the first exam - all day on the Wednesday
Maths came over Thursday and Friday mornings

someone in our school a couple of years beforehand took Hons Maths Paper I and Pass Maths Paper 2

got a D in both which was very good

egg_ said:
I agree.

people who say "the Leaving Cert is the hardest exam you will do in your life" are talking dog scutter

college exams are way harder.

I only had to read two novels for Leaving Cert English - Wuthering Heights and Castle Rackrent. When I did English in UCD I had shitloads to read

mine was 2002, i've just started having nightmares about it
my ma is 55 and still gets leaving cert nightmares!
i got drunk before my last exam, and when my results came out my teacher for that subject was going 'you totally should have done better than that, you should go for a recheck' and i was like 'eh, no'

Ugh, 2002 here too... :(
Was not a happy bunny afterwards, went out and got pissed as a fart after Economics...
My bro' starts his own tomorrow, little fecker got away with murder in comparison to my year of incarceration! It's tough being the eldest.

Yis are all young bastards.

1995 for moi, rocking it in the McFly style.

Did Honours German with not a fucking clue what the language was about, other than to say "Wie komme Ich am besten zum Bahnof bitte?" and if the answer was "Gehen Sie gerade aus und nehmen Sie die erste strasse rechts" I was laughing.

Got a D!!!

Also finished the 2nd paper in Irish in 27 minutes, but was beaten to the door by a mate who was two rows in front of me. Bastard. I wrote my number and a little note to the person correcting it thanking them for their time.

I did mine in 1968 through Irish....(1996)

The thing that gets me is people who remember their Junior cert!!!How the fuck do they remember that!!??I think its weird myself.
I can barely remember my leaving, but i have a bad memory anyway at times.

College exams are 10 times worse - even getting up out of bed to DO college exams was hard!

therecklessone said:
Did Honours German with not a fucking clue what the language was about, other than to say "Wie komme Ich am besten zum Bahnof bitte?" and if the answer was "Gehen Sie gerade aus und nehmen Sie die erste strasse rechts" I was laughing.
i got an A in junior cert honours german, and five years later (and five minutes later, probably) all i can remember is the above enquiry as to how best to get to the train station, and the ever-handy "Ich habe Durchfall", which translates as "I have diahorrea".

oh and (strike up an oul tune there tadhg)
ich bin auslander und spreche nicht gut deutsch (NICHT GUT DEUTSCH!)
ich bin auslander und spreche nicht gut deutsch (NICHT GUT DEUTSCH!)
bitte langsam
bitte langsam
bitte sprechen sie doch langsam
ich bin auslander und spreche nicht gut deutsch!

nlgbbbblth said:
someone in our school a couple of years beforehand took Hons Maths Paper I and Pass Maths Paper 2
A fella I knew took the Hons Maths paper cos he reckoned it'd look better it he failed that rather than failing the Pass paper
I did the matric too (for the youngsters - the matric was an exam you could do after the leaving, which was accepted by the NUI universities as equivalent to the leaving (with the exception of hons maths)) ... it was regarded at the time as an easy way to get extra points cos it was easier but there was a girl I fancied sitting across from me so I spent the whole time winking at her and did worse in every single subject
Oh the joys of a single-sex education (was in an all-boys school, but the Loreto girls did the matric in our school)!

I was lucky and did my inter, leaving and college finals in 1991, 1993 and 1997 respectively and so never clashed with any major football tournament.

a friend of mine has a theory why girls have generally better results in exams

it's because exams are in summer, and the boys can't study because all the girls are wearing less than normal and the boys are checking them out

I think he's just bitter though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back