Hey nerds (1 Viewer)

killy kill

(Retired)
What does this mean:

Warning
: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/peoplesr/public_html/pnadodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 170
mysql://peoples_vinnyio:mad:localhost/peoples_procforum failed to connectCan't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

It means your PHP script is not able to connect to the local MySQL database server.

Check whether your MySQL server is actually started. If it is check that the local socket file actually exists. It should be here : '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'. Perhaps somebody/something has deleted the file.

If the file doesn't exist, maybe try restarting the MySQL server to recreate the file.

type
ps aux | grep mysql
you should be able to find out what the story with your db is there.

to restart
type
sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart

or something similar.
oh no.. shit you can do that with mysql, you have to use mysqldmin shutdown, and then you can start it again, mysqld_safe etc as usual.

You tend not to stop caring when your web site is down, your scripts dont work and you fucking boss is having a conniption fit about the whole thing.

Isnt that more for redhaty sort of systems?

I never bothered setting up that service thing on debian. Sometimes sudo services-admin, and click mysql server works... meh, I dont like any of those intermediary ways though. I like to issue the command directly, cause if it fails, or gives out you can see it. A lot of the time I have to start all different instances of mysql, running out of home, with weird logs and ports and things also.

Do you always take down apache to restart mysql?
I basically.... dont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back