hey darknothing!!! / what's making people happy? (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
so i drove through indiana the other day. i can see why you're bored.

so, what's making people happy these days?

me? i've just turned 30 and am the happiest i've ever been in my entire life. it's lots of things... finally falling into place. i haven't smoked a doobie in almost a week. my heart is singing. i can safely say that i would make anyone happy who came into contact with me now... you know those people? who kind of emanate joy and you can't help smiling when you're around them? that's me right now. never ever thought it would be, but it is. no more biting (unless it's to express some love or something). i kiss all of you in the face. hi-5.

xxx

i'm happy that this killer cold has forced me to cut back on the cigarettes. not cut OUT altogether, mind - that would be WAY too healthy, and would not make me happy.

Lord Damian said:
i'm happy that this killer cold has forced me to cut back on the cigarettes. not cut OUT altogether, mind - that would be WAY too healthy, and would not make me happy.
more of this. i like to know about what people think will make them happy. then i tell you what i thought would make me happy and what eventually made me happy. these kind of threads are good. threads bitching about people suck.

Today i've mostly been cheered up by music i've not listened to in years. Sodom! Nuclear Assault! Snuff! It's all good.

just watched Three Colours Red, almost three years to the week that i watched three colours blue, and one year since three colours white.

irenejacob.jpg

oh boy

Im pretty happy cause I found out someone I like most likely likes me too :)

Im getting to see the basta gig and wolf eyes on saturday

My exams are over on Monday

Summers here

Florida in less than 3 weeks

May get to see Dinosaur Jr with Magik Markers and Bardo Pond.

I'm happy cozzzzz...

...got nice exam results today.
...just watched Bullets over Broadway again. "Love is reeeal deep...but sex only has to go a few inches."
...have some toffypops to eat
...and some mangoes.
...tomorrow is another day.

i hung out with my ma and da and their cat at the weekend, and they're all deadly. i am descended from wonderful people for whom i have the muchos love. i also have some muchos deadly friends. and a degree.

Youth is overrated.

Old and bitchy is the new young at heart.

Twice in the last week I have been mistaken for a secondary school student: once, when a lady asked me if I was studying for my leaving (as I was preparing lecture notes). Another day, when I was looking for a room in order to deliver a lecture to kidbots, someone mistook me for one of the kids and asked if I was 'in 5th year'.

I think I'll let myself feel good about those, despite the fact that at least two people in this town badly need their vision checked. That, or there are some really busted looking teenage girls walking around...

I'm happy because it's the end of the day and everything has been nailed down and all the covers are over the house and I'm ready for the onslaught of the nightmares that haunt me night after night after night.

nightmare.ellis.street.2003.3.jpg

jane said:
Youth is overrated.

Old and bitchy is the new young at heart.

Twice in the last week I have been mistaken for a secondary school student: once, when a lady asked me if I was studying for my leaving (as I was preparing lecture notes). Another day, when I was looking for a room in order to deliver a lecture to kidbots, someone mistook me for one of the kids and asked if I was 'in 5th year'.

I think I'll let myself feel good about those, despite the fact that at least two people in this town badly need their vision checked. That, or there are some really busted looking teenage girls walking around...

I remember when I was in first year in secondary (ie, just gone 12) there was a girlbot in my year who I Shit You Not looked about 30. It was really really strange. She was tall too. And had a big bust.

Maybe she was a real life Billy Madison and was simply there to secure her inheritance.

Lately i have mostly been made happy by going out drinking on monday with a friend and getting drunk and talking crap and generally having a lovely evening. I have also been made happy by my buddy colin going on this incredible 3 hour drunken ramble about girls and journalism in a manner not disimilar to henry sellars from father ted. I have generally been made happy by two people who i'd never hung out with on a one on one basis until recently and who i'd probably happily marry/run away with as a result of some nice afternoons and evenings.

oh shit said:
just watched Three Colours Red, almost three years to the week that i watched three colours blue, and one year since three colours white.

irenejacob.jpg

oh boy
man, i love those movies. first ever dvds i bought almost. life is beautiful and then those guys.

hag said:
man, i love those movies. first ever dvds i bought almost. life is beautiful and then those guys.
only watched blue so far. i loved the way they showed the whole composition in progress, great cinema. still have to watch white and red, and also goodbye berlin, and belleville rendez vu, and a whole rakeload of anime divxs.

i'm happy cos in a couple of weeks i'm off to prague, vienna and warsaw for a fortnight. what joy! kisses all round.

ramps said:
my teeth are falling part.
coincidentally, so are mine. well, one tooth specifically. think I may have swallowed a huge chunk of molar in my sleep the other night. the result of a wasted 10p crisp fuelled youth in the sticks. but what the hey! I'm happy because it's taught me that life doesn't last forever and you gotta seize the day while you.. er, still have teeth. and someone very special to me is returning from holiday to ireland in less than two weeks! and! the new flaming lips doc should be dropping into my letterbox in a matter of days! and I've moved into a lovely new house with a proper kitchen! and a bath! horray!!! :)

also, this thread is great! well done everybody! .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back