Here Comes Sufjan (2 Viewers)

At last! I'd be surprised if he wasn't added to the Animal Collective ATP too since he has that weekend free in England.

Scutter I tried to book Sujan myself but could not for the life of me get any contacts. After my first gig in the Grand Canal I was like this place is built for Sufjan and I will bring him over to play here. sad times

Yeah he is playing Primavera so I don't know if it is worth 40quid to see him in the Olympia as well. decisions, decisions.

the last olympia gig was quite good i thought. need to warm to the age of addz before a get a ticket though.

44 quid is a shitload of money for a concert ticket, says captain fucking obvious.
i appreciate that he seems to be putting on a big show but i can't help but feel thats too much for something thats in the olympia.
the live videos i've seen of him here are sort of impressive, but like his album, there's far too much shit going on for my tastes. plus he has a really annoying habit of stopping singing properly to look at his guitar mid-line. life is tough, eh?

i still want to go see him though.

His last two gigs here were 2 of the best gigs I've ever been to. Although I was a lot more into his last two albums than the current one. If nothing else... he always has a few rides in his band.

i saw him last month at the sydney opera house and it was absolutely fucking amazing. not necessarily a big fan, but was totally blown away. it was like some sort of bizarre cross between parliament and take that. the whole place, about 2,500 people, were dancing on their seats by the end. almost everything was from the new album, with the encore mainly from illinoise.

best sound i've ever heard at a gig as well...

His one date sold out instantly last time so I guess they're basing it on that. There was a much bigger buzz about him back then though.

i saw him last month at the sydney opera house and it was absolutely fucking amazing. not necessarily a big fan, but was totally blown away. it was like some sort of bizarre cross between parliament and take that. the whole place, about 2,500 people, were dancing on their seats by the end. almost everything was from the new album, with the encore mainly from illinoise.

best sound i've ever heard at a gig as well...

That's a fucking good description! I'd put Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd and Kanye West in there too. Fucking AMAZING show. One of the best I've ever seen. If I can get a €50 note in my hands tomorrow I'll go again. It was just unreal. The Age of Adz songs live are WAY better than any of the old stuff.

Amazing stage show and visuals alright, and the sound was pretty great if you were upfront.
Got a bit boring towards the end for me, but I don't know The Age of Adz album; although I will remedy that pronto!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back