Helping Independent Records towards the top (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
I'm no fan of old Josh here, but maybe it'd be somebody who reads this boards bag?

Independent Records are an amazing (Irish) label who have put out some great albums by Pernice Bros, Red House Painters, Knife In Water, Jubilee Allstars, Dot Creek and Stars of Heaven plus loads more.

Folk here, and elsewhere, often talk about taking on the charts and all the various ways this might be done, well here's some good old fashioned indie folks who actually have a damn good shot at it.

So anyhow maybe some people might be into it, or might know someone who would be, or might just be pretty chuffed to see something like Independent Records going top three!

:) :) :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh Ritter....heading for the top three....

So to all of you who’ve come to see Independent Records artists over the last few years, bought the records or just subscribed to this list for fun we have one big favour to ask.

We’re poised tangibly close to the top of the Irish charts (looking like Top Three) with the new Josh Ritter record ‘Hello Starling’.

We’re asking, if you, any of your friends, relatives, pets, enemies, cousins or parents were thinking of buying ‘Hello Starling’ soon, please do so before Thursday evening.

Road Records of 16B Fade Street, Dublin have signed copes for 16.99 available online at www.roadrecs.com, Tower Records have it for 17.99 and HMV where Josh played a stuffed instore on Friday have loads of it. Outside Dublin, it should be widely available but if you’re having problems you can buy it at Road online (www.roadrecs.com).

An Irish record company run by a small Springsteen fanatic and a big haired scientist from Idaho are up there this week with Sony and EMI. We think The Thrills and Mikey Joe have had enough time at top. *We’ll be up there needling them at the end of the week but how close can you take us to the top?

It fairness you're too droney at the moment...Even when you're talking. It's all like "spliff, spliff, spliff.." You need more structure and time changes and stuff and a little more jangle ;) :D

Unclealo said:
It fairness you're too droney at the moment...Even when you're talking. It's all like "spliff, spliff, spliff.." You need more structure and time changes and stuff and a little more jangle ;) :D

Melody is dead Allen, sorry to be one to break it to you.

Throw away these old fashioned ideas of "verses" and "chourses" and "harmonies", if people can go home humming your tunes you've failed, y'know.... I mean why aren't they deaf?!?

I can't believe I wasted so many years leaning all these stupid chords and notes I'm never going to use... all I actually needed was my casiotone,some fuzz and a tremello pedal.

and a big hunk of doobie.

watch it mister, you know andy can read this stuff, right?

hi-5 on the big D buh *schmak*

Pantone247 said:

Throw away these old fashioned ideas of "verses" and "chourses" and "harmonies", if people can go home humming your tunes you've failed, y'know.... I mean why aren't they deaf?!?

I can't believe I wasted so many years leaning all these stupid chords and notes I'm never going to use... all I actually needed was my casiotone,some fuzz and a tremello pedal.

Pantone247 said:

Its all about ringtones now anyway - write it on yer phone.

Mickey Joe thanks Josh on his super new album, and covers one of his songs, and this is how Josh repays him? Asks people to knock him off the top spot? I'm going to call Glen Hansard and complain. He'll sort this kerfuffle out.

hi guys, what's up?

andrew

ps - i heard that josh ritter guy being interviewed on the radio in spar the other day.

Pantone247 said:
Folk here, and elsewhere, often talk about taking on the charts and all the various ways this might be done, well here's some good old fashioned indie folks who actually have a damn good shot at it.

Give us a shout by email directly and I think we might be able to help out with stuff like this. Too late for this week, as certain things take time to organise, but it's true to say we figured out the charts system using their own rules, regulations and software, and our recent CD as a test case and we can almost(*) guarantee that any release can chart relatively easily and fairly high up.

(*)There are costs, as in anything, but not for us. We tell you what you need to do, and off you go and do it, absorbing the costs along the way but note this: it is *not* about buying back your own CD's - that's just not sensible sue to the losses incurred in the process and in shop-commissions.

* I'm obviously not going to post the details of the system here but a face-to-face meeting would be worth it about a month or two before any planned releases if possible.

Ron, IrishUnsigned

IrishUnsigned said:
* I'm obviously not going to post the details of the system here but a face-to-face meeting would be worth it about a month or two before any planned releases if possible.

Ron, IrishUnsigned

Why on earth not? So the charts would fill up with non IU artists?

IrishUnsigned said:
Give us a shout by email directly and I think we might be able to help out with stuff like this. Too late for this week, as certain things take time to organise, but it's true to say we figured out the charts system using their own rules, regulations and software, and our recent CD as a test case and we can almost(*) guarantee that any release can chart relatively easily and fairly high up.

Ron, firstly, I think you're addicted to crack... there I've said it... that filthy crack pipe you're chugging on is going to be the death of you dude, you gotta break the habit man! ;)

Secondly this is nothing to do with me, I'm just a fan of some of the labels other bands and am on their mailing list. They sent this out, struck me as something folk might like to hear about.

I don't think Indenpendent "figured out the system" or anything, Josh has been building up a big fan base here and I'd imagine appearing at last weeks Lisdonvarna festival the week before the launch was a total score. I'm pretty sure any sucsess he enjoys, chart or otherwise, is up to the years of gigging he's done here, support from The Frames, and Independant being a shit hot label.

Anyway there is a website for the Independent Records up there if you want to let them into your secrets... I'm sure they'll be... um... fascinated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back