help.... (3 Viewers)

spuded said:
Conor a simple journey to their site will show you a 'voters poll' the question being, "what song will you be pounding most faces to in the pit", sorry but im hardline when it comes to shit like earth crisis, they make me vomit, fools.
You do realise that they don't actually punch each other in the face don't you? Also they're mostly skinny runts anyway - kids like me that are fuckin 10 stone.
They're on a completely different level to bands like SwornEnemy, EverybodyGetsHurt, FuryOfFive etc...
Oh and the most violent live videos I have seen was Converge at Hellfest 2000 and Gainsvillefest last year.

You can't get much more macho and testosterone laden than a sweaty man growling into a microphone. They mightn't *be* macho, but making yourself sound like a 200 stone ogre is very manly all the same. It just gives me a tingle on my spine just thinking about it.

spuded said:
liadian in reference to earth crisis, i suppose when we all listen to music we hold everything else we listen up to a certain banner, like if i think punk rock i think the ramones and everything gets judged by that level, if i think hardcore i think black flag and everyhting gets judged by that level, if i think death metal i think NILe, black metal slayer etc, so basically by listening to earth crisis you have not only damaged your ears with the reptitiveness of boring chugag chugga metal but also their 'standards' have become yours.
...so... how exactly do you explain the fact that 95% of my record collection sounds nothing like earth crisis? Did you actually look at the original list of cds that I posted or did you just pick out the 2 that you could have a rant about? What on earth are you talking about with "their standards have become yours"? Seriously, I have absolutely no idea what you mean. If you were some random person who was just judging me by a very small section of the music I listen to, I might understand you, but you actually know me, a lot better than most people, so to come out with this sort of bullshit just baffles me.

liadian you failed to relaise that me saying, 'their standards have become your standards' was me just rippin the piss, in regards to your record collection, come on ya like freebase, stampin ground etc, do you expect me to pretend i like chugga chugga hardcore, it's nothing personal i just hate that shit

I once listened to a Dr. Dre album and soon acquired a taste for smoking weed and a desire for a black woman with an arse so big I could live in it, bring in tenants and live off the rent (not to mention the free heating). I've also been rocking out to Westlife there for a while. To my surprise I began to act like a little girl around all of my friends, what with the screaming, pissing in my cotton white knickers and the like. Maybe listening to hardcore does make you macho. If so, I better get cracking.

I once listened to a Snoop Doggy Dogg album and immediately acquired a penchant for looking like a rat and being ridiculous. Ladadadada.

doggy.jpg

spuded said:
liadian you failed to relaise that me saying, 'their standards have become your standards' was me just rippin the piss, in regards to your record collection, come on ya like freebase, stampin ground etc, do you expect me to pretend i like chugga chugga hardcore, it's nothing personal i just hate that shit
I don't expect you to like anything. I expect you to recognise my right to have different tastes to you.
As for ripping the piss - you're not andy fogarty or cormac bennett, you're definitely not oly, so it just doesn't work.

Liiadain said:
I don't expect you to like anything. I expect you to recognise my right to have different tastes to you.
As for ripping the piss - you're not andy fogarty or cormac bennett, you're definitely not oly, so it just doesn't work.

the original offending message:

spuded said:
boss if you count that colection of cd's as a time capsule the fuckin lot should really have been set in cement and fucked into the liffey, damn macho hardcore shite.

i'm not sure ed actually expected you to throw your cds in the liffey. bit of an over-reaction perhaps?

I know he didn't literally expect me to throw my CDs in the liffey, it's just the whole "your taste in music is so shit and I can constantly slag you off about it in not particularly witty ways just because I feel like it" thing that gets me, especially from a friend. I fucking loathe a lot of the music that my friends like but I don't make an issue of it. Over-reaction? Maybe... I've had a lot of stuff going on recently that has lowered my snapping point considerably, and Ed knows that, and could have taken it into account.

heres an opinion. i like earth crisis. i cant fuckin stand black metal and think it is complete and utter bollox. even when i listened to death metal and used to get peaceville sampler cassettes in the post the whole time i never could catch onto darkthrone and the like. did i say i like earth crisis already. did i say thats MY FUCKIN OPINION!

hey... wheres pete to defend earth crisis? or was that soemones elses hoodie you were wearing the one time i met you.

darkthrone rules. i think pete only got that earth crisis top as a joke and his favourite album is 'WWF Agression: Vol 4' or some pussy burt bacharach shit

andrew

so does earth crisis. well they did until that piece of shit "slither".

c'mere whats m. bisons killer moves...that spin in the air shit is it?

m bison moves i can remember:
<-, ->, any punch - "psychocrusher" - spings through the air with fist out
<-, ->, any kick - "that spinning kick" - that spinning kick
down, up, any kick - "when he jumps on their head and shit" - jumps on their head and shit. obviously <- means hold back for 2 seconds or so!

the later games added super moves and shit, but i forget how to do them, think they usually involved doing the normal move twice really quickly.

Annnyway

andrew
ps - never really played as m.bison, always ken. how boring!

"<-, ->, any punch - "psychocrusher" - spings through the air with fist out"

thats the fucker i was talking about. nice one. the psychocrusher eh. i'm about to walk home here in limerick so i'll be ready to unleash that should i need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back