Help the Tychos 'get a room' (1 Viewer)

Barrel O'Carols said:
We've booked Chaplins. 60 squids and we can bring in a PA. S'alright!

Will post with all the details when I have them.

Cheers all,
C.

You might want to stick your head in there and check it out. 100 people may be very cramped in Chaplins. It might be bigger than I remember though.

Also- At my brothers birfday the records were jumping if someone walked by the decks- crappy floors. The lighting aint great either. Nice spot apart from that. If you do decide to change the venue I'd suggest trying the hotels just outside the City centre (egCamden Street) , there's often little gems of rooms in them places..

The Brazen Head isn't bad, Dublin's oldest pub and all that.

They've two rooms, a "music" room adjacent to the Courtyard/beer garden which could be nice (last time we were there we booked it for free as it was off season. i.e. no fat Americans demanding trad). They also have a room upstairs, 2nd floor, which isn't too bad and if it's too packed they might open the restaurant on the first floor for you and your VIPS.

They do charge a small fee if you want food.

But bear in mind this was well over a year ago and the bloke we dealt with has since been sacked. Willie was his name. Mad fucker. Drank like a lunatic.

The sound upstairs at The Cobblestone is some of the best I've heard here in Dublin. Nice staff too.

Don't know about cost, but the bar, the room and sound are all cool...

Would love to see more of our type and kind playing there.

Thomas

if i was yous, i'd have it in the odean, charge 3 quid in or something, no one would mind paying that for keogh on porcellini action, no one.

I dunno. It's a good idea but I can't help feeling it would be cheeky to charge people into our launch party... well I suppose me and Kim could do a bit of table dancing, but what's innit for the girls?

Lads?

C.

well, pretty much anything you want if the show is good i guess, you get what you give... are yous into anything fruity besides pvc and machine guns?

Barrel O'Carols said:
I dunno. It's a good idea but I can't help feeling it would be cheeky to charge people into our launch party... well I suppose me and Kim could do a bit of table dancing, but what's innit for the girls?

Lads?

C.

did ye check the russel court? don't be so hard on yourself... you just said what we all was thinkin' :)

Barrel O'Carols said:
The Take Your Bra Off
Love Life

Sexy Party

has a certain ring to it

*groan*

charging in is crap. is all we are doing is playing the record then other records while getting pissed... i wouldn't pay to see that.

how about the album is on sale there - a week before the shops and enough time for everyone to learn the lyrics for whelans the next weekend. There are only 23 songs to learn.... (*cough* double album *cough*)

So if people buy the album we can pay for the room.

naked ofcourse.

charging in to anything sucks ass... that there's agreat idea, do, sneeze, here, you should say "here, anyone who comes and actually gets buck gets a free copy of the album"... go on! say it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back