Head shop fire on Capel St (1 Viewer)

vending this shit out of a high street store was pretty risky to begin with, and starting to sell it out of a hatch till 4 am at the w/ends was just nuts.

Can I get two pre rolled joints of false doob and a gram of fake charlie please!!??

Peops were buying these 'bath salts' outta these hatches and then going into pubs and cutting lines, coz it's like legal and not for human consumption.
In any city that sorta behavoiur would be frowned upon.
Walking around town the past few weeks the smell of that xxx smoke was every where instead of own brand of hash/ plastic suprise.

I saw a fucken bin man buying a pre rolled while he was werkin FFS! I mean fair play and all but tick tick tick.

vending this shit out of a high street store was pretty risky to begin with, and starting to sell it out of a hatch till 4 am at the w/ends was just nuts.

Can I get two pre rolled joints of false doob and a gram of fake charlie please!!??

Peops were buying these 'bath salts' outta these hatches and then going into pubs and cutting lines, coz it's like legal and not for human consumption.
In any city that sorta behavoiur would be frowned upon.
Walking around town the past few weeks the smell of that xxx smoke was every where instead of own brand of hash/ plastic suprise.

I saw a fucken bin man buying a pre rolled while he was werkin FFS! I mean fair play and all but tick tick tick.

What you're seeing here is the real downside to prohibition. You create a society that's been so nannied with regard to drugs that when the stuff does become legal (or a viable alternative does) people completely lose the run of themselves. It's a lack of maturity on a societal level. Like watching East Germans "enjoying" rock n roll in the '80s. Look like spas to the rest of us but they've been starved of easy access to it so when they get it they completely fucking lose it.
Thats my two cents.

They'll all be shut down soon enough. Mary Harney and the Fianna Faille crew are infinitely happy to do anything to score political points and stay in power. Keep the Joe Duffy crowd happy and get re-elected.

We have several decades of evidence in our hands that prohibition does not work but it doesn't matter because a short term solution keeps the pay cheques rolling in.

But I don't know what the alternative solution is. They have become like Off Licenses for current teenagers, who wait outside asking people to buy something for them because they are underage, the same way how up until recently you'd get kids hanging outside off licenses trying to get people to buy them booze.

Someone in work made the suggestion that Head SHop owners should be charged a heavy license fee. If caught selling to anyone under 18 or 21 (whatever age restriction is certified) they should be given a 100,000 fine. If caught a second time they should be given a 200,000 fine. Third time they should be put in prison for a substantial amount of time.

That section of the street's still closed off. The rest of Capel St. is open but is now a Northbound one-way system, as in the opposite of normal.
That gave me quite a fright this morning as it's not signposted or anything.

Like watching East Germans "enjoying" rock n roll in the '80s. Look like spas to the rest of us but they've been starved of easy access to it so when they get it they completely fucking lose it.

check them out!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think Gary is right in that it might actually have been drug dealers doing it. If the market for your product is completely disappeared and now they're suddenly able to charge the cheapest possible prices (because they're not importing it up the arse cracks of people or using their own ships to get it in) then they'd be rightly pissed.

It was defo gang dudes.you can get yokes for a euro now.They wont let that continue.

Yeah,they're deadly.

tbh,I havent paid for a yoke in months.Cos when someones scoring these days they usually buy 50 and give them out to the posse.Gnome sain.

so sad tho, i mean once salvia is gone, its gone. just like philosophers stone truffles, no ones ever gonna bother to sell them on the streets. and what will become of paul? what will he do now? its so unfair. except for herbal pills. whoever invented them should be first against the wall....

Someone in work made the suggestion that Head SHop owners should be charged a heavy license fee. If caught selling to anyone under 18 or 21 (whatever age restriction is certified) they should be given a 100,000 fine. If caught a second time they should be given a 200,000 fine. Third time they should be put in prison for a substantial amount of time.

I don't agree with that. How is the owner supposed to know what age the customer is?

Instead - why not just fine the underage person a shitload. After all, they know what age they are and are knowingly committing an offence.

A little something called an I.D.

ID can be convincingly faked.

Ultimately if the owner takes all reasonable precautions to ascertain the age of youthful customers, then he should not be punished.

Personal responsibility should come into play here. Why are people so keen to avoid this?

ID can be convincingly faked.

Ultimately if the owner takes all reasonable precautions to ascertain the age of youthful customers, then he should not be punished.

Personal responsibility should come into play here. Why are people so keen to avoid this?

ISn't this the way they del with pubs who sell to underage already?

The PoPos found €500,000 in their safe
Explain this please? As for ID's, I think there's very stringent legislation already in place for pubs and offie's so why not use exactly the same rules for head-shops. If you're caught selling to under-age customers you get a fine and a warning. One more offence and they shut you down for a period of time. Keep offending and they shut you down for good. Again, this is just prohibition coming back to bite us all on the ass. There's no easy way out of this situation now. Drugs or at least the legal alternatives will now be a part of life, and we have created a society that is unable to handle it. Nannied to death (as Chris Morris might say).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back