HBO Polanski documentary (1 Viewer)

whoopi goldberg defends polanski:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/sep/29/roman-polanski-whoopi-goldberg

Hollywood has rallied behind Roman Polanski after his arrest in Switzerland over the weekend, with the actor Whoopi Goldberg suggesting that whatever he was guilty of it wasn't "rape-rape".
As a guest on The View chatshow on US television, she said: "I know it wasn't rape-rape. It was something else but I don't believe it was rape-rape.

She's dead right.
It wasn't rape-rape.
It was actually butt-fucking-a-13-year-old-rape.

And sure, what harm in that?

She's dead right.
It wasn't rape-rape.
It was actually butt-fucking-a-13-year-old-rape.

And sure, what harm in that?

Come on man, he made Chinatown, The Piano, Rosemary's Baby and he survived the holocost surely he gets a little leeway for that ????
You know rape but not rape rape.....

Edit
'Poland on Friday approved a law making chemical castration mandatory for paedophiles in some cases, sparking criticism from human rights groups. Under the law, sponsored by Poland's center-right government, pedophiles convicted of raping children under the age of 15 years or a close relative would have to undergo chemical therapy on their release from prison' - Reuters.

'France's political elite rallied to the defence of Roman Polanski on Sunday, calling on Switzerland to free the 76-year-old film director rather than extradite him to the United States...His ties with Poland are still strong and Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski said he might appeal directly to the United States over the case. "I am considering approaching the American authorities over the possibility of the U.S. president proclaiming an act of clemency which would settle the matter once and for all," Sikorski was quoted as saying by the PAP news agency - Reuters.

Yo Evil B, I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic about the leeway for making good movies. Can you be a little more heavy-handed so I know whether to give out or not? Cheers.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15091331

Roman Polanski hit with new sexual assault claims

By Randy McMullen

Contra Costa Times
Posted: 05/14/2010 09:43:33 PM PDT
Updated: 05/14/2010 09:43:33 PM PDT

British actress Charlotte Lewis claimed Friday that director Roman Polanski sexually abused her when she was 16 in his Paris apartment.

Now 42, Lewis recounted the alleged incident while reading from a prepared statement at the Los Angeles office of celebrity attorney Gloria Allred. Polanski is under house arrest in Switzerland and is fighting extradition to the U.S. for sentencing on a 1977 conviction for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.

Lewis alleged on Friday that Polanski abused her in 1982, four years before she appeared in Polanski's "Pirates" film.
"He knew (how old I was) when he met me and forced himself upon me in his apartment in Paris," said Lewis, who remained composed while reading the statement. "He took advantage of me and I have lived with the effects of his behavior ever since it occurred. I've traveled to the U.S. at my own expense to make sure that justice is finally done and that Mr. Polanski gets what he deserves. All I want is justice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back