HBO Polanski documentary (1 Viewer)

Pram Stroker

Anyone seen this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMieQzq1snc"]YouTube - Roman Polanski: Wanted And Desired (HBO)[/ame]

Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown are unbelievable films.
Cul De Sac, Repulsion, The Tenant, Knife In The Water all great too.
Not really mad on The Pianist or Bitter Moon.
The Ninth Gate is utter crud though.

Don't really know where to stand on him personally... that's why i'd like to see this documentary.

chinatown is a fantastic film, i watched rosemarys baby a while ago, turned out it was a friday the 13th and my sister went into labour early and had her son that night, his names damien, havent watch the film since.

I really should watch more Polanski movies.

All I've seen are Chinatown, Repulsion, Frantic and Rosemary's Baby. Love them all.

Would be particularly interested to see his version of Macbeth seeing as it was his first after Sharon Tate was killed... Also I reckon Knife In The Water could be decent but haven't found it on dvd.

Any others stand out?

macbeth is excellent. it's pretty harrowing given the back story. fearless vampire killers, the pianist, the tennant & frantic are all great. chinatown, rosemary's baby and repulsion the obvious classics. bitter moon and the ninth gate are so so. death and the maiden not so good. haven't seen cul-de-sac.
he's been linked to the film adaption of the ghost by robert harris, which is supposed to be great

Cool, thanks. Just reading about the Tennant and it definitely seems like I'd like it.

I think Frantic is probably my favourite so far.

On a tangent here but has anyone seen the Jim Van Bebber movie about the Manson Family...? Is it worth a watch?

I've seen mixed reviews. I'm not really interested in seeing yet another run of the mill eploitation flick really.

On a tangent here but has anyone seen the Jim Van Bebber movie about the Manson Family...? Is it worth a watch?

I've seen mixed reviews. I'm not really interested in seeing yet another run of the mill eploitation flick really.

I loved it but I'm a big VanBebber fan - the stuff that was shot to look like the 60's was great - the modern day sideplot not so much..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back