Hazy, soothing, bittersweet, reflective music for Autumn - I need some. (3 Viewers)

This is really very deadly indeed:

iw_shepherds_w.jpg

Seconded. Like this record a lot. I think I'll second everything everyone says today.

But that's my job.

Ah Autumn you fucking cunt
Keep giving me memories that I dinnae want
Fuck you Autumn coz you've got no reason
All of my life you've been my favourite season.
Isn't it funny all the people I've loved
All have in common the fact that I've shoved
Them away from me...

This always reminds me of autumn or maybe it just reminds me of heading back to college. I love their cover of Serge Gainsbourg's Bonnie & Clyde. Sadly used in the awful movie Laurel Canyon.

200px-Luna-Penthouse.jpg

This always reminds me of autumn or maybe it just reminds me of heading back to college. I love their cover of Serge Gainsbourg's Bonnie & Clyde. Sadly used in the awful movie Laurel Canyon.

200px-Luna-Penthouse.jpg

funnily enough I was listening to this this very morning. And how I love 'Bonnie and Clyde'. Ms Sadlier's voice really gets the hairs on my neck a standing.

I got it a few weeks ago in Freebird ( HA! to the journo who handed in their pre-release), I must listen to it properly though - lots of old folk songs on it! :)

at the espers gig last year I ended up standing right in front of the stage, about 5 yards from Ms.Baird (not intentionally you understand). It was quite something. She is truly multi-talented. And I think I freaked her out a bit.

I love Meg Baird. She is the new Isobel Campbell.

Ok, so her solo album wavers a bit. Most of it is great. Some of it is dodgy. Overall its great though. Yer man Weeks put out an album there last year with one of his other bands too (or maybe it was solo). Can't recall the details of that.

Iron and Wine is definitely a good road to go down "The Creek drank the cradle" is perfect autumn music.

Check out the song "Hotcha girls" by Ugly Casanova thats a great song for an autumn afternoon.

...also i mention this in another thread the other day but check out "when it's dark and it's summer" by P:ano. The song "All of November, most of October" is my favourite autumn song this year.

The theme song from The Littlest Hobo.
Hem's cover of The Angles Wanna Wear My Red Shoes.
Kevin Tihista's Red Terror with the lovely 'Oh'.
Alone Again Or.
Gram Parsons' 'She'.
An album?
16 Lovers Lane by the Go-Betweens.

Another vote for those Karen Dalton re-issues.
Picked up that 'Now We Are 10' Trunk Records compilation-ideal bittersweet Autumnal fare-all 'Kes' & 'Blood On Satan's Claw' soundtracks, Basil Kirschin, Clangers incidental music and Delia Derbyshire oddities.

Scott Walker's timbre *IS* reflective Autumn. His less-known 'The Moviegoer' album in particular.

Jean-Claude Vannier on heavy rotation at the moment though & he's doing just fine.

hats is a great album -
also Talk Talk - colour of spring
Nick Drake - five leaves left
anything by Labradford
Eno/Budd - the Pearl
Eno - Music for Airports

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back