Haymarket Riot Mondya Night!!!!!! (3 Viewers)

personally, I intend to. I have no idea what a day at work and a commute home will do to that intention but.

yeah rita go...sergei has song pratice with mags so you'll have nothing else to do anyway. haymarket riot were excellent in cork.

this has just made me burst out laughing. I'll go as long as Jimmy doesn't need me for anything, or Helen. Oh no, she's dead, so that's grand.

hag said:
let's see when someone gets around to replying i guess. it's a serious problem fro where i'm standing.

i'm based down here so I feel i'd know if someone was taking down posters on a systematic basis... and there doesn't seem to be

Jim A. Morrish said:
i'm based down here so I feel i'd know if someone was taking down posters on a systematic basis... and there doesn't seem to be
says you. but i know different. i'm not saying you do it so there ain't no problem between me and you. but it has happened. and maybe continues to... who knows.

hag said:
says you. but i know different. i'm not saying you do it so there ain't no problem between me and you. but it has happened. and maybe continues to... who knows.

i doubt it.

The haymarket gig posters was a split poster with the rednex gig which had about 200 people at it so lack of numbers at haymarket could hardly be explained by 'stolen posters' as that then would affect the rednex show too in theory.

The fact rednex did well and haymarket didn't is purely and simply down to the fact that 99.9% of the population have no idea who haymarket are rather than some phantom poster robber i.m.h.o.

PLUS there was a load of other indie-type gigs on the same weekend including sunburned hand of the man on the same night as haymarket.

Stop spouting unsubstantiated conspiracy theories from your ivory tower in dublin/bristol - it does you (or anybody else for that matter) no good whatsoever.

Rumour and hearsay do not a truth make.

i'll be honest, i had heard something about posters being taken down. dont know why or by who.

i think it was a mix of bad luck and people just plain not bothering their holes.

ha, my ivory tower? it happened for the last gig i put on in cork!!! i was just curious if the same thing had happened again. and lo... maybe it did. why are you so concerned about what i say anyway? did you take my posters down?

Jim A. Morrish said:
i doubt it.

The haymarket gig posters was a split poster with the rednex gig which had about 200 people at it so lack of numbers at haymarket could hardly be explained by 'stolen posters' as that then would affect the rednex show too in theory.

The fact rednex did well and haymarket didn't is purely and simply down to the fact that 99.9% of the population have no idea who haymarket are rather than some phantom poster robber i.m.h.o.

PLUS there was a load of other indie-type gigs on the same weekend including sunburned hand of the man on the same night as haymarket.

Stop spouting unsubstantiated conspiracy theories from your ivory tower in dublin/bristol - it does you (or anybody else for that matter) no good whatsoever.

Rumour and hearsay do not a truth make.

hag said:
ha, my ivory tower? it happened for the last gig i put on in cork!!! i was just curious if the same thing had happened again. and lo... maybe it did. why are you so concerned about what i say anyway? did you take my posters down?

yeah, I took your posters down

I also shot kennedy & murdered calvi

Jim A. Morrish said:
yeah, I took your posters down

I also shot kennedy & murdered calvi
jim, my friend who helped out with the ZU show in cork SAW someone taking them down on 2 separate occasions. the same person. coincidence? maybe in cork that's what you call a coincidence but, in my ivory tower up here in dublin, i call that really shitty inexucseable fuckology.

if what you say is true then yes, it's inexcusable - unless your posters were covering the poster of an event that's not yet happened.

I've been working in the cork msuic scene for more years than i carer to admit and I'll let you into a secret re. promotion down here

In my experience the best ways to promote (in order of effectiveness) are:

1. word of mouth
2. flyers
3. message boards
4. a3 posters
5. Billboards

The reason I get so pissed off with this phantom poster stealer theory is if bands from abroad/outside cork happen upon threads like this they might think twice re. coming to cork which does us no good whatsoever in the short or lng term.

I firmly don't believe it happens systematically as has been implied, sure students might take a poster for their bedroom (I did it myself many years ago when drunk) but for someone to say there's an orchestrated poster stealing campaign is a bit rich to be honest.

Jim A. Morrish said:
if what you say is true then yes, it's inexcusable - unless your posters were covering the poster of an event that's not yet happened.

I've been working in the cork msuic scene for more years than i carer to admit and I'll let you into a secret re. promotion down here

In my experience the best ways to promote (in order of effectiveness) are:

1. word of mouth
2. flyers
3. message boards
4. a3 posters
5. Billboards

The reason I get so pissed off with this phantom poster stealer theory is if bands from abroad/outside cork happen upon threads like this they might think twice re. coming to cork which does us no good whatsoever in the short or lng term.

I firmly don't believe it happens systematically as has been implied, sure students might take a poster for their bedroom (I did it myself many years ago when drunk) but for someone to say there's an orchestrated poster stealing campaign is a bit rich to be honest.
why do you insist on saying stuff like "phantom poster stealer theory" when people have actually seen it happen and shop keepers in cork have actually reported seeing this guy doing it repeatedly and sticking up his own posters? why would i make this up? tell me more about promoting gigs...

hag said:
why do you insist on saying stuff like "phantom poster stealer theory" when people have actually seen it happen and shop keepers in cork have actually reported seeing this guy doing it repeatedly and sticking up his own posters?

when someone goes on the record with this and name names I'd give it more credence. It's all very esy to talk about 'people have seen it happening' and 'shopkeepers' on an internet forum - personally i think it's baloney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back