Haymarket Riot Mondya Night!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Stephen

Since 1999
Haymarket Riot
Soldiers Take Half
Tremors
Hermie In Tweed

Monday night 13th Dec, Voodoo Lounge, Aran Quay.
Doors 8.30pm
€6

If you've ever seen a guy on his bike fly fifteen feet into the air after getting smacked by an opening car door, or found urine in your refrigerator's vegetable crisper or discovered all of your pocket t-shirts are missing their pockets... chances are you've encountered a member of Chicago-based rock band Haymarket Riot.
874-1Sdpi.jpg
Haymarket Riot members Kevin J. Frank (vocals, guitar), Fred Popolo (bass, vocals), Chris Daly (guitar) and Shane Hochstetler (drums), are planning to take their antics, musical and otherwise, to Europe, Japan and North America in 2004 to support their upcoming recording Mog (Thick Records).

In November 2003, Haymarket Riot had the opportunity to record with Steve Albini at Electrical Audio studios in Chicago, Ill. With Albini engineering and John Congleton producing, Mog may be the band's best effort since its 1999 inception. The album was recorded in five days and is probably the closest the band has ever come to doing a live recording in a studio. "Steve was able to extract the no-frills, balls-out, rock sound we were looking for, while John pushed us to give our best musical performances...without the use of violence," stated Kevin J. Frank.

gonna check 'em out in belfast on saturday probably. i be in bristol on monday and they don't play there... :(

GO TO SEE THIS BAND! THEY ARE AWESOME-O!!!

watch out for blondy chris daly on guitar... played with SWEEP and check engine. he is an awesome dude.

hag said:
watch out for blondy chris daly on guitar... played with SWEEP and check engine. he is an awesome dude.
Your right Hag, as much as I hate to say it. Chris Daly is one of my favourite guitar players. He's on the short list with Eddie Van Halen and he was in two of my favourite bands, that's Chris Daly, not Eddie Van Halen cause he's only in one....of my favourites....or something......

plug said:
good point alan. I'll do that.

on a totally different subject, who the hell is scott baio anyways!?!?
scott baio was on happy days, and then on diagnosis murder. he's a fuckin legend!

did you look at the website in my signature? hilarious stuff

"I would just like to say how much I love Scott Baio. Not only is he a great looking man, but he is an excellent actor. I was just reminded of my love for Scott when I put on Nick at Nite."

brilliant

this band are great, suckas

there was no hag in belfast though?
there was however, one superstar DJ at the gig, wearing a scarf

Muscle Beach said:
this band are great, suckas

there was no hag in belfast though?
there was however, one superstar DJ at the gig, wearing a scarf
argh, i couldn't make it. i was hoping very much to go up but couldn't switch practice times. did lafaro rock the socks as usual? i'm going to completely miss them now unless i go to exeter which will mean pulling a sickie the next day but hey, i've pulled a sickie for way less. so who was wearing the scarf?

hag said:
argh, i couldn't make it. i was hoping very much to go up but couldn't switch practice times. did lafaro rock the socks as usual? i'm going to completely miss them now unless i go to exeter which will mean pulling a sickie the next day but hey, i've pulled a sickie for way less. so who was wearing the scarf?
lafaro were really good, i never really liked it that much before but it's really coming together now, new song was especially great

pull the sickie

superstar dj was david 'homer' holmes
sitting at the bar looking cool
i think he left during our set tho
hehe

Muscle Beach said:
lafaro were really good, i never really liked it that much before but it's really coming together now, new song was especially great

pull the sickie

superstar dj was david 'homer' holmes
sitting at the bar looking cool
i think he left during our set tho
hehe
man, lafaro are going to be a great band. i likes 'em a lot. david who? is he some famous nordy dude? coz if he is, it's likely no one in dublin knows who he is.

hag said:
man, lafaro are going to be a great band. i likes 'em a lot. david who? is he some famous nordy dude? coz if he is, it's likely no one in dublin knows who he is.
david holmes?
he did a few albums in the 1990's and soundtracked some steven soderberg movies, Out of Sight for one and some others i think.

I hope I don't do what i did last week for hoover - i.e. sit on the couch and not go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back