Hayfever solidarity thread (2 Viewers)

love jones

ok, got my first taste of it yesterday.Does anyone have any hints or cures and anything to help get throught this. I've had it for years! I'm off the dairy.
However, when it hits hard, i find that chocolate and crisps help to clear my head. Salt and sugar.

If you don't have hayfever - please don't post here. You don't understand how horrible it is!

:eek:=!cheezy

love jones said:
ok, got my first taste of it yesterday.Does anyone have any hints or cures and anything to help get throught this. I've had it for years! I'm off the dairy.
However, when it hits hard, i find that chocolate and crisps help to clear my head. Salt and sugar.

If you don't have hayfever - please don't post here. You don't understand how horrible it is!

:eek:=!cheezy

a sudafed and Clarityn combo works best for me, it dehydrates a bit though, so you'd need to drink a lot of water with it.

yeah, it started about a month ago. it always weakens my immune system so i end up with additional coughs and colds. crap. been trying homeopathic (like gay serial killers) remedies, but they havent been particularly useful. a zirek anti-histamine always clears it up for a while for me, but they leave feeling really spaced out in a not very fun way.

Clarityn is excellent.
Since I live with a cat I don't get it so bad (although the first month was all sneezes and watery and itchy eyes) - my immune system must have worked out some kind of defence mechanism because I only suffer about two or three days each summer now (touch wood) so my advice is get a cat or dog.
But I feel for ya.
(the misery of being the only one who couldn't play in the haybarn for long when I was a kid)

Yeah, relaxing game of golf ruined by the fact that (a) I was sneezing and stuffy and all the stuff you know yourself and (b) The other guy was much better than me at golf.
Sudafed and Clarityn, everytime.

Brian Conniffe said:
been trying homeopathic (like gay serial killers) remedies,
"Homeopathic Remedy Remedies Pathetic Homo" = best Onion headline ever, and almost a year to the day since i last posted it too, in of all places a hayfever thread

Anyway, for hayfever relief I find a cup o'tea works wonders.

pete said:
"Homeopathic Remedy Remedies Pathetic Homo" = best Onion headline ever, and almost a year to the day since i last posted it too, in of all places a hayfever thread

haha, deadly, i didnt know about that one. its even better than the "holy fucking shit! man walks on the fucking moon!" one.

Anyway, for hayfever relief I find a cup o'tea works wonders.

cup of tea and a rollie cigarette works quite well indeed.

Not sure if its a cure or if you just stop feeling the symptoms but I find a few pints works well.

Apart from this, a swift punch to the nose is a temporary solution.

I got hayfever on a nightclub dancefloor before.

I was a firm believer in nothing working until I got a prescription nasal spray last year that alleviated it somewhat. Not completely, but definitely made me less miserable.

People who don't suffer with this shit don't realise how debilitating it can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back