Harsh Musical Truths (1 Viewer)

Surely depends on which Bob Marley albums - ?

and if the Police one is Ghost In The Machine or Synchronicity [both decent]

It's ALL the Bob Marley and ALL the the Police albums, with bonus outtakes discs and live recordings. No one ever gives you a hard drive full of music with the band's 1 or 2 decent albums that are worth hearing. They give you entire back catalogues of artists that you've enjoyed one or 2 songs by. It's kind of like saying in passing that you think Cranberry juice tastes ok and then having someone leave a year's supply at your desk.

It's ALL the Bob Marley and ALL the the Police albums, with bonus outtakes discs and live recordings. No one ever gives you a hard drive full of music with the band's 1 or 2 decent albums that are worth hearing. They give you entire back catalogues of artists that you've enjoyed one or 2 songs by. It's kind of like saying in passing that you think Cranberry juice tastes ok and then having someone leave a year's supply at your desk.
stop whining, Police outtakes are great:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i got a secondhand laptop once that had exactly that stuff left on it, someone had obviously downloaded/transferred the entire back-catalogues of all the most mainstream bands of all time or some shit, and obviously i couldn't delete them in case any of them turned out to be any good...about 6 years later they're still sitting mainly unlistened to on my external hard-drive like a pile of dried-up turds

I couldn't have put it better. even when it's bands you think you'll like this is pretty much what happens. I like Pull the Plug by Death. But I'm not mad about all their badly recorded live albums that came on the same hard drive. But I still haven't deleted them because maybe some day....

When I first attempted to download music I clicked on a Brian Setzer LP and forgot about it. Days later I found I'd downloaded what seemed like everything he ever recorded. Thousands of songs sitting unplayed on my harddrive.

I also have too much Humble Pie and Townes Van Zandt for the same reason. I should just buy a greatest hits CD of each

When I first attempted to download music I clicked on a Brian Setzer LP and forgot about it. Days later I found I'd downloaded what seemed like everything he ever recorded. Thousands of songs sitting unplayed on my harddrive.

I also have too much Humble Pie and Townes Van Zandt for the same reason. I should just buy a greatest hits CD of each

Drama Falls Like Teardrops 2CD by Van Zandt will get you going.

I was played An Englishman in New York (Ben Liebrand remix) full blast as I drove through Newlands Cross this evening.
My relationship with Sting is complex.

Listen to this glorious piece of 80's madness

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

but just look at the picture of him on it o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back